urq driver/project anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urq driver/project anyone?

Disclaimer goes like this: I *DO* know the seller, but he has not asked me to post this here and I gain nothing for doing it. Just making you guys aware that it's out there.<ul><li><a href="http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/829417935.html">Colorado Craigslist urq</a></li></ul>
Old 09-06-2008, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Clunk when turning? I think they all do that!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I love CL, but IMHO, they're pic hosting stinks (I know, it's free, so what) It's so easy to po

Whatever Wylie.

I am extremely honest with the condition of the car, I have listed the areas that need to be tackled next. If someone is interested, I can send the the photo zip files that I have previously sent you. Is the car mostly complete? Yes. Does it need work? Yes, but don't they all.
Is there rust? Yes, just as I have stated. Realistically this car is in the same condition as cars that are being restored in the UK and Europe. And I have priced it accordingly.

You want a rust free car with no drivetrain installed and basically will come in boxes? I know of 2 that are available. Starting prices are over $6k.

As Gary says below, the whole world is filled with tire kickers who want a restored and sorted car for $3k. All I can say is good luck with the search. These things are getting rarer and finding perfect examples for cheap money isn't happening anymore.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Montego Black?
Old 09-06-2008, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Whoa, lighten up! I wasn't insinuating that you were trying to hide anything.

It's not like you claimed the car to be rust-free and in perfect condition. I was just making an observation about CL, and the poor quality of the pics once the seller posts them there. Do you deny that it would make it easier on the seller to be able to post pics that show the car in such detail so as to weed out the inevitable barrage of requests for better pictures than what CL gives you in their ad?

I realize that for 3 grand you're going to get a car worth 3 grand (hopefully). Since most on here don't post their name, I have no idea who you are. Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't recall you having sent me photos of the car. Could be wrong? Who knows.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Bad day?

Dude, I know that car and it's owner well. Your 'I love CL...' post doesn't need explanation, just delete it. It doesn't read well, whatever your intention? Your follow-up reads worse?

IMO

Scott J
Old 09-07-2008, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default why is it that when I ask someone to lighten up I'm the one accused of having a bad day?

If my post came across as insulting it certainly was not intended. I don't recall having insulted anyone before and I really didn't intend to start here.

If I'd used a different reference as an example (something other than "repair body rust") of how better pics might illustrate the write-up, would that have seemed less like ***?

My point was and still is not to degrade his car nor criticize anything in his description, it was wishful thinking about how to make CL posts better. That is all.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Silly! It's because we are all 'rabid' UrQuattro owners lol
Old 09-08-2008, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default read vs right

It's obvious to me it doesn't read well, or as you intended it to, which means deleting it is a better choice? Your next post in the train reads worse. The good news is if you choose to delete your tangential opinion, also deletes all that follows it in the train.

I don't see dbldmnd post here much at all. When I do, whether he misinterpreted your intent or not, it causes me to pause a moment to possibly consider his point.

To see you defending the post repeatedly, means you missed the point all together. Your beef with CL on this thread appears like Anti-seize cling-on theory. It got in places it should have never touched.

Then again, it may be my preference to 'avid' or 'passionate' ur-quattro owners to 'rabid' ascriptions Sean.

SJ