Video we shot today. Its not super great, but its not horrible either I don't think :-)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video we shot today. Its not super great, but its not horrible either I don't think :-)

I love this car.<ul><li><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l6wQ7mudDA">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l6wQ7mudDA</a</li></ul>
Old 12-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That just inspires us even more.. nice job on the video....Please keep posting.. But dont wreck the car lol...
Old 12-21-2008, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So. The big question... What does the wife think of it?
Old 12-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Video we shot today. Its not super great, but its not horrible either I don't think :-)

I have watched this car being maticulously put together the last two years and must say it is a real tribute to Davey and Brendan. Their work is impeccable and it clearly shows here. The mechanics of this URQ are a piece of art.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Haha :-) You had to ask. She actually hasn't been in it yet :-) But overall, she is happy that I am

happy.
I think I need to get different harnesses in for her to even be sorta comfortable. but its definitely not her style, so I doubt she will be a huge fan :-)
Old 12-21-2008, 08:27 PM

Default That's funny. I've had mine a year and a half and my wife has never had and intereste in sitting in

mine either. She wants me to enjoy it, be certainly doesn't get it.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thats BADA$$ ! Keep those kPa's low ....GT's need an easy 1st 500miles..

of break in., at least thats what I'm told.

How do you like your dash control ?

I'm thinking of the AIM MXL Strada for myself...but not sure if the illumination is sufficient. How's yours at night ?

I might be the only one in the universe that thinks this but....I'd take your UrQ over the Lambo 24-7 .

There's nothing like driving a built hi boosting Audi5 cylinder turbo....its like taking a wolf for a walk on a leash.

Everything else is too civilized !

Cheers !

Mike
Old 12-22-2008, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks man. I just hit 500 miles and am about to swap oil/fluids. but yea, they have me dialed back

a bit to where i can't hurt anything yet :-) (soft revlimiter set 1k+ low, etc...prolly a good idea...Dave knows me :-)).

The dash control is cool, but its not working properly - not reading RPM - so Dave is building me something different. Not 100% sure on what he is going to use, but I know he likes the MXL Strada as well, so that may be what he's putting together. Its good at night, like really bright...so if the Strada is the same, then that shouldnt be an issue. he has shift lights and such wired up so without the revs working, i honestly dont hardly look at it.

Regarding the lambo...I really love them both (obviously), but I agree...at this point I think if I got hit with hard times and needed cash to the point to where I would have to let a car go, I would probably sell the bull and keep "The Wolf" :-) It's just irreplaceable (and Dave said he would kill me :-))
Old 12-22-2008, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default goddamit! i just had to go and watch this while im trying to sell mine. that 3082 is one of my fave

I had it on my urs6 on stock management making near 450wheel with a stock head and cams, a few are making over 5 and its not a laggy turbo for how big it is just watch the surge!

PS nice blue nose fawn, looks like my pup with ears!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The new VEMS firmware supports MXL communication out of the box

Have dave email me on it (I sold him your ECU). Nice car, BTW!

Quick Reply: Video we shot today. Its not super great, but its not horrible either I don't think :-)