What became of Karquattro? Also, the black 8300 mi. Quattro they had?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apples to oranges. A highly modified ur quattro is not comparable to an original, low mileage ur quattro, just as you can't compare a mint original 10k mile '70 Hemi 'Cuda to another '70 Cuda built from parts that has modern suspension, big brakes, nitrous and a 5 speed. Which is more fun to drive? The modernized car. Which is worth more? The original, no questions.

I am glad to hear that the car went to a good owner who will hopefully keep it all original. There was talk when it was still here in CO of someone buying it and then updating it. I am SO glad that did not happen. The new owner has both something fun to drive in his highly modified car, as well as this time capsule car. Best of both worlds.

Originally Posted by urq20v
I bought a new A6tt in '01 for $48k and drove it. Interestingly enough that doesn't seem to surprise anyone. I've spent an insane amount of money restoring/updating my '83 urq. Am I going to drive it? Yes, I am. As much as possible.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apples to Oranges

I like looking at completely original cars as much as the next guy, but ultimately cars were meant to be driven. Would I like to take a look at the 8,300 mile car, Sure you bet. Would I care about owning it? No.

Its only worth what someone will pay for it, so that apples to oranges comparison also applies to the owners.
When my '83 urq with an RS2'ed 3b is complete, it will be worth more to me than that KARquattro car.

Originally Posted by urq20vt
Apples to oranges. A highly modified ur quattro is not comparable to an original, low mileage ur quattro, just as you can't compare a mint original 10k mile '70 Hemi 'Cuda to another '70 Cuda built from parts that has modern suspension, big brakes, nitrous and a 5 speed. Which is more fun to drive? The modernized car. Which is worth more? The original, no questions.

I am glad to hear that the car went to a good owner who will hopefully keep it all original. There was talk when it was still here in CO of someone buying it and then updating it. I am SO glad that did not happen. The new owner has both something fun to drive in his highly modified car, as well as this time capsule car. Best of both worlds.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by urq20v
I like looking at completely original cars as much as the next guy, but ultimately cars were meant to be driven. Would I like to take a look at the 8,300 mile car, Sure you bet. Would I care about owning it? No.

Its only worth what someone will pay for it, so that apples to oranges comparison also applies to the owners.
When my '83 urq with an RS2'ed 3b is complete, it will be worth more to me than that KARquattro car.
Ditto. I would also much rather have a car that I can drive - not like I can drive mine either though. That said, if I had had the space and money for a collector car, I would have bought it when it was still for sale out here relatively cheap. I should have bought it on speculation like Kent Anderson did.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm right here! Oh you said KARquattro my bad. I haven't talked to Kent in years, was on a plane to buy Canadian titled red 1986 he had for sale back in '02. bought my black one instead from a guy two towns away from me.