*$%(*%&.....Moron tourist hunters.....learn how to drive....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *$%(*%&.....Moron tourist hunters.....learn how to drive....

So I posted some pics a few weeks back of my new semi, brand new '09 model, when they gave me the keys on 10/2 it only had 684 miles (delivery) miles on it. This morning it turned 6,800 miles and some a--hole hunter from Alabama hit me.

Heading back to Denver from Pueblo at 5am this morning, cruising along in the right lane @ 70mph and this pickup passes me. F-350 pulling a 5th wheel RV and a 14' trailer with 4 ATV's on it. Normally wouldn't be a problem, but his ATV trailer is right in line with my front wheel when he decides to change lanes, no signal. I lay on the airhorn and the brakes, but to no avail. Took my front bumper off, busted the left headlight, cracked the left front fender and sent a huge crack through the fiberglass of the hood.

Also caused him to loose control of the trailers and ended up jacknifing and flipping the ATV trailer.

Thankfully, CSP responded pretty quick, cited the idiot with careless driving, driving with expired tags (all 3 in his combo had expired tags), failure to signal lane change, and defective vehicle as the RV he was pulling didn't have any working lights. They also impounded the wrecked ATV's and trailer.

As soon as I called CSP, I called my boss, he drove down to meet me (yeah he enjoyed that wake up call). The truck is driveable, barely. He called Mack when we were headed back to Denver, they will order and express ship a new bumper/brackets in $2,500, a new insulated hood $7,500, a new headlight $500. Add in the cost of painting the parts, labor, etc..

Now I'm basically screwed as we have no extra trucks for me to drive. Mack has no rental's available until the end of the week, they are trying to line-up something in a rental tractor through KW or Freightliner as I'm supposed to be in N. Platte Ne. at 8am Monday morning. Otherwise, I will be sitting at home for a few days and we'll make this idiots insurance foot the bill for it.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Does anything positive ever happen to you?
Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 AM

I've been cursed with bad luck for 15 yrs
Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No offense, but why do we always have to hear about it?

Keep your chin up and have a positive attitude. Attitude can change everything.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:32 PM

like everyone else, sometimes I need to vent