From the ACNA National Board of Directors to the members of the Rocky Mountain Chapter

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so I'm curious, from whom did Reggie get the original letter from?

did any other active ACNA members get it?

since I'm not active, no way I would have gotten it via email.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Eewwwwwwww! :-P
Old 03-26-2008, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Here's the letter...

Dear Rocky Mountain Chapter Members,

We, the ACNA National Board of Directors, recognize that Audi owners are a spirited and passionate group. But, we were dismayed at an example of this in a recent posting on the AudiWorld forum pertaining to the election of the Rocky Mountain Chapter Board of Directors. The post wrongly stated that the ACNA had given their consent to send the posted campaign letter via the ACNA database.

For the record, the ACNA did not give consent for the distribution of the campaign letter and has not provided access to the chapter contact lists to anyone for the purpose of campaigning. We requested campaign letter removed because of these errors and the implied reference that we consented to the distribution of its message.

We are also writing today to assure our membership, that the Rocky Mountain Chapter election process has been carried out within the guidelines we set forth and they'll continue to be monitored to guarantee fairness to all candidates.

The ACNA is committed to ensuring a fair election for the Rocky Mountain Chapter. We believe that we all share in the goal of providing an equal chance for all candidates and that our member's vote is respected.

Thank you,

Dean Treadway
John Horner
Steve Earley
Matthew Hull
Mike Fisher
Kent Anderson
Mike Veglia
Mary Ayers
Jack Perry
Old 03-26-2008, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That isnt a true statement though

Reggie just posted a copy of an email/letter he had received, unaltered, that claimed that the sending party/parties had approval from National about distributing to the recipients in this fashion. Reggie did not alter the communication as he received it.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

No, they didn't have approval. Just because it said so, doesn't make it so.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default The letter in question was never sent, through any channels.

The letter Reggie posted was not obtained through any official communication channel. It was obtained through a third party and Reggie believed that permission was given to post it as written. I do not know if such permission was given or not, the only thing I do know for certain was that the first paragraph stating that the letter had been sent with the permission of the ACNA should not had been published until such permission had been given.

The rest of the letter, as far as I am concerned, raises questions that every member of the RMC should carefully consider, regardless of how you personally feel towards any given member of the Board of Directors. The actions of the RMC BoD should be carefully monitored by its members to ensure that decisions are made in the best interest of the club. If that means attending the BoD meetings, then you should go.

At the very least, it would mean that more people take an active interest in the club, and that is never a bad thing.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yeah thats the thing. Reggie got it (from whom) and did anyone else get it from an official ACNA

source?

If Reggie was the only one, and not officially, then can you really roast Don and the rest like some have been doing?

And I agree, lots of questions asked in that letter that are very legitimate and need to be answered.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hehehe. Amen. I've had more fun with the Lotus club and I don't even have one of those! ;-)
Old 03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I hope nobody voted based upon any deceptive or misleading info too...

...but at least Don and the other signers of the letter are first-hand participants in the goings-on.

There seem to be plenty of others, who have had no direct participation, that post half-truths, deceptive or even libelious statements. That said, they seem to have a great deal of inside information nonetheless.

Everything here should be taken with some skepticism, but, if nothing else, those that come forth who were directly involved should be affored more weight than those that are posting third party or even hearsay info.

Oh, that reminds me... Boki, I know I asked before a number of times, but please remind me, what are your sources again?
Old 03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've got a friend who's in LoCo and I've been to a few of their meetings and mountain drives

nice bunch of guys...they welcomed my S4, as long as I stayed out of the official photos :P

Quick Reply: From the ACNA National Board of Directors to the members of the Rocky Mountain Chapter