Anyone going to Breck on Sunday?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone going to Breck on Sunday?

This knuckle-dragger could use a tour of the mountain! Or hey, need a ride? Leaving from Boulder around 8am.

This is your opportunity to show a Lake Tahoe snow bum what the real mountains are like

Woooohoooooo! Can't wait till morning
Old 11-27-2004, 04:36 PM

Default You wanna go to a real mountain dont go to Breck tomorrow....

Peak 9 is all that's open and it's ___________!

I'm going to Keystone tomorrow. They've got some steeper runs open and more acres. Copper and Winter Park has some decent stuff open too.

Van
Old 11-27-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Well this Colo Pass gets me into Keystone

Hrm the map shows it as being closer. YOu ski or ride? Have a Talkabout or some fascimile thereof? Would really appreciate a moutain tour if you can. Need to know where the powdah stashes are

Very weird being a transplant from Tahoe - I'm used to being "in the know" about all the resorts. Oh, how the mighty have fallen...
Old 11-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Default Damn, they do have a lot open.

I just checked the site and most of the front side is open. That's more than anywhere else on the Colorado Pass. But it says their base is 15", which is less than any other place. I think we'll be going to Beaver Creek. They got the most snow the last couple days and are forecast to have the most by tomorrow morning. If you want to meet us, let me know. We could carpool if you want. We'd be leaving Denver around 5:30 or 6:00.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:02 PM

Default Appreciate the invite

One thing I'm finding kind of strange about CO resort's web sites is that they BURY the "How to get here" links - I have no friggin' idea where Beaver Creek is Still looking...

p.s. assuming that it's still rock-board season?
Old 11-27-2004, 05:09 PM

Default Ok so BC is in the general vecinity of Vail - correct?

That's a bit farther than I wanted to drive tomorrow. Thanks for the invite, think I'll head to Keystone - and just do some cruising and check out the mountain. We should, however hook up sometime and ride - only been in CO for a few months no one to ride with
Old 11-27-2004, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dude! You should've said something sooner! I've been riding solo the past few weeks

I also have the Peak Pass for Key, Breck, and A-Basin. The lady and I will be hitting Breck tomorrow (Sun), but we're late risers on the weekends and won't be getting there until 11am. She skis, I ride.

If you ever wanna go during the week, shoot me an email. I'll ride shotgun I'm even "kinda-sorta" on the way, just east of Broomfield. We can always meet up at C-93 and C-128 and carpool from there.

I'm in a 01 A4, so my ride is a little more cramped than what you're probably used to.

De
Old 11-27-2004, 05:58 PM

yes the colorado pass will get you to keystone.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:14 PM

Default Probably only powder stashes around are on unopened trails...

I'll be at Keystone from opening til around 1 or so to beat the traffic back. I don't carry around a walkabout or anything. However, I'll be wearing some camoflouge type pants with a red and grey jacket. And since Keystone doesn't usually have much powder lying around I might be over on the Area 51 lift a bunch hittin' up the rails and what not.

Wait til the resorts open up the good stuff and then me, Pat, or some of the other guys can show you where the "good stuff" is.

And what exactly do you consider fun stuff? Powder (duh), bumps, rails, jumps, trees?
I love riding powder but spend the majority of my time in the park.

Pat takes a couple runs and then sits in the lodge! (:P)

BTW, I've already had a pretty nice powder day this year at Loveland. Unfortunately is was accessed by ducking rope! That and ski patrol was waiting for us at the bottom!
Old 11-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

That's what you have all of us for! All on the CO pass are very easy to get to.

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Breck on Sunday?