Anyone going to Breck on Sunday?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah, BC is about ten or fifteen minutes past Vail.

It sucks getting there, but if you're willing to make the drive (which most people aren't) there are generally less people there which in turn leads to better snow. I tend to go where the conditions are best most of the time. Keystone's a great mountain for snowboards.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Hey Buddy, have fun tomorrow. We'll hook up some time soon.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Probably only powder stashes around are on unopened trails...

Well I'm a freerider, I've done my share of hiking for turns, split boards, skinned and such. I little to hit natural kickers and spend most of my time in the trees - mostly I like to cruise long and hard. I ride a 156 K2 Eldorado (backcountry board) as a rock board and a 164 when it's a well established pack and I want to make believe I'm doing GS

The park doesn't appeal to me much, too much attitude for my taste (at least in North Lake Tahoe it's that way). That and I can't stand seeing kids landing on thier family jewels on those rails...

Just give me a wide open bowl fulla pow or the trees (although jumpin' ye olde cat walks when yer in da' trees can be fun too).
Old 11-27-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Weekdays are hard

I work from home with my 15 month old bundle of joy - and until the grom is ready for a set of planks (it's easier to get them on planks to begin with) I won;t be doing many weekday runs

So hey, I'm planning on Keystone tomorrow, probably leave by 8am or so, which should put me there what? around 9:30? I figure it'll be good to spend some time doing a mountain tour if the patrol offers them. I'll be carrying my cell
phone - maybe we can hook up that way?

UPDTAE: Just noticed you said you'd be at Breck. Decisions, decisions...
Old 11-27-2004, 06:51 PM

Default I'm heading up in about an hour! My buddy who just did some night riding tonight....

said it is DUMPING right now!

Treerun: If you like powder, than Keystones outback bowls are really nice. I heard they are opening up some stuff on the back side tomorrow. Doubt if the bowls are but still there's some decent powder around hopefully.

Breckenridge has Peak 10, I like going as far south as possible over there. Some decent snow.

But nothing compares to Vail. Vail has endless amounts of powder (you just gotta know where to find it).

Van
Old 11-27-2004, 06:51 PM

Yes sir!
Old 11-27-2004, 06:55 PM

Default I need to hurry up and sell my Tahoe Donner hovel

and buy something up here. As someone who has owned a house in Tahoe since 97' day tripping is going to be weird as hell. Mmmmmm, would be nice to drive up to a nice cabin with a huge-*** fireplace right about now...
Old 11-27-2004, 06:56 PM

Default Just so you know, if you leave on a Sunday at 8AM, you might get to EVERGREEN by 930...

It's all or nothing on weekends during the busy season. Leave at 630 and you'll still follow a sea of taillights. Add to that the conditions that everyone will be driving in tomorrow morning. Good luck.

That's why I'm coming back so early too. Sundays are the worst to come back (especially a Holiday weekend). You leave between 2 and 5 and you better be able to hold your potty.

BTW, go over Loveland Pass to Keystone. It's quicker than going through the tunnell.

Van
Old 11-27-2004, 06:59 PM

Default OMFG I'm going to be so lost

leaving at 6:30am shouldn't be too hard to do, but the whole Loveland Pass thing will be weird since all I have is friggin MapQuest instructions. I need to install some mapping app one of these days.

(edited)

Sounds like this is the way:
Travel West on Interstate 70
Exit at the Silverthorne/Dillon exit #205.
At the end of the exit ramp turn left (East) at the stop light onto Highway 6
Travel 6.2 miles into Keystone Resort.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:10 PM

Default Check it out, not hard at all....

Take the Loveland exit, I think it's Exit 216 or so. Either way it's obvious and right before you would get to the Eisenhower Tunnell. Anyways go up the pass (you'll pass Loveland ski area) at the bottom. You'll go over Loveland Pass and then when you get down the other side, you'll be at ABasin (you're pass allows you to ride there too). They've got some seriously steep stuff there. But not sure what they have open yet. Anyways keep driving another few miles and you'll be at Keystone. You can actually see the trails shortly after you pass Abasin.

Van

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Breck on Sunday?