anyone on here go to DU for a finance mba?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone on here go to DU for a finance mba?

looking for some application hints / tips / suggestions

email me and we can chat off-line or meet up for a beer sometime.

msallee gmail
Old 12-27-2005, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you looked at CU too?

e-mail me (couldn't seem to find your address) and I'll give you my wife and I's DU experience from an application standpoint and general views (law and other graduate work in this case).

I compared both MBA programs and liked UCD's program a bit better (I cannot speak from actual experience as I didn't end up starting an MBA, just did the research), not to mention the price was better too ;-)..
Old 12-27-2005, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default finished it up this past year....

as far as colorado goes, you will not find a finer MBA program (yes, CU is rated lower-j/k...kind of a rivalry there)...sooo....

stick to their length requirements (if they still have them) and be VERY concise. Direct answers to direct questions is the key. Keep in good contact with someone in the admissions department, become their friend, and insist on an interview. feel free to emial me...ill give you plenty more info if you want it.
-Ted (new driver of a focus for the next week)
Old 12-27-2005, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default "kind of a rivalry there"....

Uh oh, the door's been opened... ;-)

Agreed on the admissions process.

My two cents; MAKE SURE they know who you are, that they have all your info / data and follow up with the department regularly. If you're insistent on going to DU (and every month I write a check for our student loans, I wonder why we were - sorry DenverNoob, had to throw that jab in - Ha), make sure they know that, and that your not merely shopping the school market or using DU as fail-safe backup option, as a lot of people have used DU as a default.

Just a bit of useless info that worked for me...
Old 12-27-2005, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Expert

I think DU is a great school, but do you plan on working in the rky mtn area?
Old 12-27-2005, 06:02 PM

Default I got my MBA and Master in Real Estate and Construction management there.

I think it is a great school and it advanced me with what I needed to know so much. If you want to talk about it send me an email with your number and I can help you with your decision. I now own my own real estate company and I never could have got to this stage without the info I learned at Daniels.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:24 PM

Default I'm a management major at DU, working my way into the accelerated MBA program

All of the above was my strategy and it worked. I applied to five schools, got into four, and chose DU. You won't find a better MBA program for the money and DU was rated as one of the top schools for ethical graduates in the workforce. If you're working on your undergrad (like me) and your GPA is strong you may be eligible for this program that cuts you undergrad studies in half. It saves you something like $20K on your MBA. As for schmoozing, it works very, very well at DU. As the old saying goes, sometimes it's not what you know, it's who you know...

On a side note, I'm looking for an internship or part time job to gain more experience in Sarbanes Oxley (SOX compliance) starting in January. Please email me and I'll shoot my resume over. Sorry I got way off track.

Good luck and email me if I can help in any way

Ewan
Old 12-28-2005, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yea that's the plan

at least for awhile
Old 12-28-2005, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default thanks for the feedback everyone

i've got the gmat coming up fast

i'll hit you all up once i pass!

again - much thanks, sounds like i'm moving in the right direction (cu or du)
Old 12-28-2005, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You bet, and they both REALLY are great schools...

I just think they offer different environments and as you can see there are many people that really liked DU's program. Check them both out though IMHO.

Good luck on the GMAT!

Quick Reply: anyone on here go to DU for a finance mba?