Anyone own a 4runner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Thanks for the great info.

Took to Stapp Interstate Toyota for a 2 hour checkup and all it seems to need is brakes in about 8k and an A/C recharge. Few other minor things but they were amazed that there was not a leak anywhere....even shocks.

Compression readings: 185,180,180,170,185,185

Walked out just over 5k. Never had anything but Audi's and "cough cough" asian imports.....Wierd riding high.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first car was an '88 4runner. Car held up no matter what I threw at it (more)

Took it offroad every weekend, went to moab a few times. Fantastic car. I also had a 2003 4runner it was a fantastic car, but I managed to get it to play dead. I was crawling up a steep hill on a golf course maintenance path in some deep snow, the front end slipped slidways off a rock ledge and rolled it once. It landed back on the wheels, and in 4 low with 3 flats and a flattened roof it crawled up the side of the hill and I was able to drive it home. No on was injured and the accident was under 5 mph. They are great Cars for winter drving, off roading, camping, ect. just dont take them on small cart paths in deep snow.