Called and got some Tint/Clear bra quotes today....LONG

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Called and got some Tint/Clear bra quotes today....LONG

I called a few different shops that people had recommend on here today to price out tint and clear bra... I figure people would be interested and since I've already done the work of calling, you won't have to.

The first place I called was American Auto Enhancement on Broadway and Belleview. Really like the guy I talked to, seemed to know his stuff. He offered 12 inch custom cut clearbra kits on the vehicles, he had both 3m and venture clearbra in stock at the same price. 3m was a 6yr warrenty and venture was lifetime. All work carried lifetime warrenty. They estimated 4 hrs to do the entire job for all 3 vehicles. These were his standard prices he said and he also said he could work with me to get them lower since I have 3 vehicles. They said they are normally booked 1 day in advance. Prices as follows:

Audi A6 - Clearbra 150/Tint Ranging from 149-209
Acura TL - Clearbra 150
Acura MDX - Clearbra 150

The next place I called was Denver Window Tint. I couldn't get an answer there, so if somebody has the number that would be great.

The next place I called was RM Window Tint. They seemed a little more conservative then American Auto Enhancement. Could be a good thing? He said that it would take approx. 5 hrs to do the entire job, and said their schedule was pretty open. Forgot to ask about warrenty work, but its 3m clearbra only. He said both the MDX and the A6 have to have 18 inch clearbra due to the noses. The TL was a 12 inch he said. Prices as follows:

Audi A6 - 200 Clearbra/120-249 Tint
Acura TL - 129 Clearbra 12 inch
Acura MDX - 200 Clearbra

The last place I called was Jazz It Up. I felt very comfortable with the person I spoke with. They were organized and wrote down the price quote for when I call back. I think it was Bill? Anyway they said it would take approx. 5 hrs and that they sometimes get booked 7 days if the weather is nice. I forgot to ask what type of Clearbra they use, but everything here was lifetime warrenty on worksmanship and product. He said 12 inch clearbra was good on the TL and the A6 and the MDX needed 18 inches. He also commented on tinting the TL and some problems that people have run into just to let me know. I felt that he was one of the most knowledgeable of the people I spoke with. Prices were as follows with the discount he offered me for 3 vehicles.

Audi A6 - 180 for Clearbra/180 for Tint in any shade
Acura TL - 180 for Clearbra
Acura MDX - 239 for Clearbra

Some random facts that I picked up along the way. With Clearbra 3m supposedly has a hardcoat whereas the venture film doesnt. American Auto said on dark cars it recommended the venture film because the 3m film was easy to scratch the hardcoat with hairline scratches and then it would look like the paint underneath was scratched. American Auto Enhancement also said they could do better on the prices they gave me. So where does this leave me??? I am still debating. Because RM is in the Springs I'll probably skip them. So its down to Jazz It Up and American Auto. Anybody care to comment on these two? I know somebody here said they could get better pricing at Jazz It Up... Care to assist?

Thanks!
Tyler
Old 03-04-2005, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default it was CO.Ultra4

I just looked...I want to tint our Avant, so I've been following your tint inquiries.

The guy to talk to at Jazz it Up according to the old post is Mark, the owner. Mention CO.Ultra4's name...Eric Carson....I wouldn't mind getting in on that deal too.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default good info - give solar specialties a call in Broomfield: (303) 439-2570

They did all the work on my car - tint and clear bra. Tint was 180 if memory serves me and clear bra was $160 for 18".

Plus they are close by - don't go by the address on google its wrong - they are down 120th about a half mile past main street heading west on the right after the long brick wall.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Denver Window Tint - (303) 751-9310 - 2199 S Parker Rd. You should seriously consider them, I drive

from Boulder to get my windows done by those guys.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Buddy ONLY uses Jazz it up, he loves them!!!!! Takes every car there and very nice!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default They have a sign in their lobby that says "We fix the other guy's mess" hehehe

They also house an indy detailer that SVE recommended to me. I'll be posting before and after pics of his work shortly.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:04 PM

Default avant done 170 bucks

at alte mere in brooomfield....included the second highest tint they have. I got 15% all around and love it. work seems great especially for price.

their film is by llumar. I got second to highest one....next up from what I got is the bronze/gold stuff....

nothing for them to fix so far all clean.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They screwed around in my car and left a mess of water all over
Old 03-05-2005, 11:03 AM

Default together?

I am probably going to do this the week of the 21st.... If you want to join up with me that would make 4 vehicles and we could probably get an even better deal, assuming that we could agree on a shop haha.

I am going to call Denver Window tint this weekend... Anybody have an installer to recommend?

When you get those shots of the detail post them and how much it costed!!!

Tyler
Old 03-05-2005, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yeah I'd be in for that. Weekday no problem.

Email and let me know where you are thinking about. I'm in for anyplace that is going to do a quality job, and at a discount, even better.

-TJ
tj@hellsditch.org

Quick Reply: Called and got some Tint/Clear bra quotes today....LONG