Can someone explain why everyone hates Boulder Euro Sport >>>>

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone explain why everyone hates Boulder Euro Sport >>>>

I searched, and all I can find is stay away etc., but noone can tell WHY they are so bad? Just "they stink" doesn't cut it for me. Just personal hard feelings or what?
Old 05-19-2005, 08:30 AM

Default can of worms has been opened ;)

for me, it comes down to professionalism and basic knowledge of that group. They have their own forum, and they run it like a little **** camp. They also run VWOTG, and have turned away a lot of the VAG members due to their "politics".

I have only had dealings with them online in other forums, but I have never seen them contribute to the gained knowledge of the community. I would never trust them with my car based on their history and what i have seen here, vwvortex.com, and on RMCB5.

Judge for yourself, but just procede with caution.....
Old 05-19-2005, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mostly due to online BS, I've had great service with them in the past

on my Jetta. I never had any issues with the quality of work performed or parts that I ordered.

There was numerous bashings from them about other clubs....it got a bit out of control which lead to getting banned from many online forums and groups, as well as a lot of events.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:40 AM

Default OK, but I cant seem to find specifics >>>

I dont mean to say you or anyone else is misleading, I just cant find someone saying "My manifold bolts came out because he didnt do them right". All I see is "Stay away"

I talked to Lance today, quoted $100/hr for labor, and around 2-3k for labor to install a turbo kit? That sound right for a TT?
Old 05-19-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Most of the specifics have been removed in several forums.

I am sure you can do a search on them over at vortex, under BEST or something like that.

I personally can not comment on their service/labor quality, as I have never gone to them, but as far as how they conduct themselves as professionals online with other community issues, that is what has turned me away. Some of their actions have reminded me of religious cults haha.

Basically, the entire VAG community sticks together, all the different local clubs, showign support for each other, tuners included...but BEST has not returned the good graces with any local group. They are off on their own. Not sure i would trust a tuner that is so far seperated from the majority of the local community and other tuners, including shows and events.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:01 AM

Has anyone ever dealt with Slip Stream in Boulder?
Old 05-19-2005, 09:10 AM

OK, fair enough.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Agreed. more

I had Lance install coilovers on my S4 a while back. He did the install, but the car was on the ground (just where he set it as neither of us had adjustment tools at the time) The labor was fine, but I might heistate to have him do more complicated work, as it seems that he'd be a difficult person to deal with if something went wrong. His shop doesn't give you that inspired feeling of confidence either. For basic stuff, I'd use him (of course that was the 50/hr Lance... not the 100$/hr) For that kind of work I'd HIGHLY recommend ASW in broomfield. Probably similar on price to that, and MUCH better reputation.

Just my .02

Rian
Old 05-19-2005, 10:15 AM

Talked to Colin, he sounds like the man. No Lance for me
Old 05-19-2005, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've talked to a few that have...from what I gather they do good work but are kinda pricey (but who

isn't).

Quick Reply: Can someone explain why everyone hates Boulder Euro Sport >>>>