Colorado people...Do any of you have a job opening where you work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colorado people...Do any of you have a job opening where you work?

Hi there...Most of you probably have no idea who I am, but those of you who do probably know that I have been wanting to move to Colorado for a number of years. The only thing stopping me from being there is having a source of income for either myself or my wife. So far, I've been somewhat picky about what kind of job I want, but I think I'm ready to stop being picky.

I've been looking to stick to what I know (I've worked with computers for about 10 years now), but that just doesn't seem to be in demand (seem employers either want a computer-god, or a kid in high school.) I'm starting to get a little burnt out on programming and system administration, so I'm willing to make a change so that I can get moved out to Colorado. I don't really care where (Denver, Boulder, middle of nowhere) as long as I can get an enjoyable job that pays the rent.

I don't have any formal training in anything, and I didn't complete college, but I know there are a lot of people in that situation who make enough money to get by. Does anyone here have an opening for a computer-literate, car-enthusiast, Colorado-loving guy like myself? I'm planning to make a trip out to the Denver area within the next few weeks, and I would be happy to entertain any reasonable offers. Like I said, I just want an enjoyable job that can pay the rent...Bonus points for something related to cars, the internet, photography, or the outdoors.

If you can help me out, I can pretty much guarantee you free drinks at any Audi gettogethers I go to...Does that sound desperate enough?

BTW, my wife is an experienced copywriter and project manager who would love to work for an ad agency, a publisher, or in a marketing department if anyone knows of something that would help her out.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Colorado people...Do any of you have a job opening where you work?

I work at a Volvo dealer in Colorado Springs, could maybe get you a job in sales...
Old 06-22-2004, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Expert

lol at sig. Good luck on the job hunt!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:10 AM

Default Send me your res and look at our job board:

athornton@raindance.com

Let me know what you think and I can forward it in. If you go through the web site ti will be i a pile with hundreds of others.<ul><li><a href="http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/vstream/publicjobs/">look here</a></li></ul>
Old 06-23-2004, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default we have a spot open for a software test manager, but

are really looking for someone with lots of experience.

keep your eye out as we do have software openings from time to time.<ul><li><a href="http://www.openwave.com/us/careers/">http://www.openwave.com/us/careers/</a</li></ul>
Old 06-23-2004, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lots of Audi folks there.

Does Don still drive his S4?
Old 06-23-2004, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default I am part of a group that meets every Monday - for unemployed people in Northern CO

email me and I can set you up with getting on the yahoo group list. We get many job opportunities posted with us before they are offered elsewhere.

The group I am part of was started by HP and Agilent people who were laid off last year.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Is Brad Dupee still working there? Say hello for me..cp
Old 06-23-2004, 11:51 AM

yup...
Old 06-23-2004, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Sounds great! I'll definitely be dropping you a line to get on that Yahoo list.

Quick Reply: Colorado people...Do any of you have a job opening where you work?