Good Audi mechanic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best is boulder euro sport tuning/tuned

they used to have a VW club and be a bit more active int eh community. Lance Emerson is the owner. You will find good and bad stories if you look hard enough.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Heard good things about All Audi in Westminster. Haven't used them for any service yet.

Cause I have spent TOO much time DIY.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Call Bob at Euromotion - Broadway & Evans

I totally trust this shop!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

how can you argue with this? from bcbr.com . . . .

Veritable 'virtual' vehicles
By Jennifer Quinn

January 9, 2009 --
BOULDER - Playing car video games can be fun, but turning those virtual vehicles into life-size, drivable motor vehicles is a challenge executed by few.

Lance Emerson, owner and manager of Boulder Euro Sport Tuning LLC, or BEST, has been hired by Sony UK to create nine cars based on the PlayStation 3 video game MotorStorm: Pacific Rift.

This is not the first time Sony UK has commissioned Emerson for a project. In 2006 he worked on the MotorStorm project where in 28 days he designed, built and delivered 14 custom cars for 40 journalists to drive from Denver to Las Vegas.

"It was amazing that we could pull it off the first time, and Sony was happy with the results," Emerson said. "For the second project taking place in February, the cars do not have to be street legal. That extra freedom makes this project way more fun."

The job requires copying the game cars to create real cars in classifications such as big rigs, monster trucks and mud sluggers. Each car is custom created with big tires, full suspension and roll cages.

"These look like they are right out of the game," he said. "This is an example where life copies art. We have worked on these for weeks straight."

The cars will be tested by winners of the MotorStorm: Pacific Rift contest. The winners will be chosen from 15 countries in Europe and will get to drive all of the cars at a private one-day event in Palm Springs, Calif. in a desert setting, similar to the one in the video game. The event is called a "ride and drive," to make it clear people will not be racing.

Emerson said the contest will take place at the end of February. He will transport all the cars to their destination on a semitrailer.

Emerson began the project in August by looking at artistic renderings of the video cars. He then spent months looking for cars with similar characteristics to the game cars. He is now in the process of adding graphics and styling each car.

He is in charge of producing the event including safety, gear, food, branding of the track, signage, posters and banners. The total cost is $85,000. The contestants will time trial with multiple cars on the track at once. The track will have obstacles and a point system will determine the winner.

So how does someone get a gig like this? Emerson's friend Andy Cohen, chief executive officer of Finishinewest Inc., a custom image car company in California, was first called by Sony UK to complete this project. Cohen knew he did not have the time to complete the project but recommended Emerson as the right man for the job. Cohen and Emerson have been friends since 2001.

"I told Sony I had somebody perfect for the project, with creative vision from sketches to fruition," he said. "If I recommend someone, they have to be good. Lance is a creative and talented guy. I knew failure would not be an option, and he would get results."

Emerson is a Boulder native and a University of Colorado at Boulder graduate with a degree in cultural anthropology. His mother drove stock cars, and his father participated in drag racing. Emerson has been working with and fixing cars since he was 5 and considers himself a natural mechanic.

BEST was founded in 1995. The company's crew works on race cars, luxury sports machines and electric-powered vehicles. The business offers chip tuning and performance tuning including rebuilding and servicing engines, custom exhausts, fabrication and full customization.

The majority of BEST's business is out of the area and international with 20 percent from local customers. Emerson said 2008 has been the first good financial year in five years with revenues at $125,000.

"I want to go back to being a performance parts store," he said. "We all pay too much for car parts over the counter."

Emerson has one employee, Sam Burdekin, a technician who does work on all of the Sony cars. Burdekin said each car is different and has special features. One of the features includes locking the rear wheels together for off-roading on rocks, which gives traction even if one of the tires is not touching anything.

Burdekin said, within realistic limits, the cars can do just about everything.

"A couple of the cars withstand a rollover without any major damage," he said. "We can drive over a small Honda in most of them. They are geared properly to do things that vehicles are not supposed to be able to do. These vehicles are very capable of doing just about any four-wheel-drive trail that is out there."

Burdekin said it is a fun project but time intensive and consuming.

Sony has sold more than 1 million copies of MotorStorm: Pacific Rift with two more new releases in this game title in the future.

"If I do well on this project, I may be able to do a much larger scale production next time," Emerson said.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice spam, what does that have to do with this ancient thread? This is old news anyway.