I am going insane!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am going insane!

I have had my S for just over a month now, I immediately drove it to NM for Thanksgiving and then drove it a few more times after we got back.

Unfortunately I drew a bad card and spent half my December in the hospital and after a surgery mixed in that stay I have been unable to drive.

My car got buried by the first blizzard because my fiance can't drive a manual so it stayed in the drive. We got it unburied and I attempted to drive it into the garage which seemed to be okay until I found that the S is 192" long which is about 4" too long with my work bench. Now I don't have the strength or mobility to move my motorcycle so Renee had to wiggle the bike a little to make some room for me to angle the S into the garage.

Getting back in the car I yelled in pain as I attempted to get the car in reverse. Who would have thought a push down reverse would cause so much pain. We finally got it to fit with an inch or two to spare of room in time for this second storm.

Still, other than driving into the garage, I haven't driven my S since the first days of December. I am going nuts!

The only thing saving me is my wonderful wife to be getting me out of the house and driving me around.

So today, when you get behind the wheel of your car, take a moment to really appreciate what you are doing. Because you could be like me and have to sit on the bench and watch.

For those that want to know what has decreased my mobility you can see some...somewhat graphic pictures linked in this post (if you don't like medical stuff don't look). I did get the staples and stitches out earlier this week which was the only reason I could attempt to drive my car. Oh and yes, I am really that skinny now, it is very creepy.<ul><li><a href="http://www.jaygietl.com/v/misc/surgery/">http://www.jaygietl.com/v/misc/surgery/</a</li></ul>
Old 12-30-2006, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Man, that's bad. Let me know if you need anything moved and I'll try and help you out.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks Chuck

We have been very fortunate so far with neighbors, RMCB5ers and my family being close by. Hopefully there wont be any more big things for us to move.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Jay! I had no idea this happened to you. I am sorry to hear of

this unfortunate turn of events. I wish you a speedy recovery!

I definitely miss my old car, glad to see you're taking good care of it. And realistically, the side roads have been so bad with the unplowed ice chunks, it's probably better that the car was not driven in this stuff with the lower ground clearance and all.

Take care of yourself and Happy Holidays!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jay, I'll give you a hand whenever. Speedy recovery wishes to start the new year!!!