I hope this doesn't fuel a political pissing match, but.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "ability to get everyone excited...has absolutely no correlation to my ability to get it done"....

A leader's role is to inspire those he leads to get things done, not to do it himself.

Having great ideas, but no one following and enacting those ideas is useless. Having no ideas and no ability to inspire (McCain IMO) is even worse
Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default There are equal if not more vids about Osama - opps you know who I mean

They speak so many times, for such long hours during the days of campaigning they are normal.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I think it was a very smart move. She will pull a lot of female voters, and she does have experience

McCain's got my vote too.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I could vote for him if not for the 20% of his speech that said he'll tax me to death and give it to

everybody that makes less than me. Income redistribution is not the answer in my book.

His attitude (though to date is only talk with no evidence of effect) of anti-partisanship, intelligent discourse, etc., is the right direction.

And I also think there is some value (or at least it would be refreshing) to have a leader than can inspire and show some leadership as a public being. It's not everything, but I think too many people discount it as worthless.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Clicky click

<ul><li><a href="http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/what-is-mccain-thinking-one-alaskans-perspective/">http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/what-is-mccain-thinking-one-alaskans-perspective/</a</li></ul>
Old 08-29-2008, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: I could vote for him if not for the 20%

The 95 percent-plus of the American population that earns less than $250,000 would see the following tax breaks:
A $500-per-worker tax credit for people who earn less than $150,000 and do not itemize, and a $4,000 credit per child in college. Seniors who earn less than $50,000 would pay no income tax.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1031268,CST-NWS-tax30.article
Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Obama and Palin are both light on experience

but she's not on the top of the ticket - she'll have time to learn from someone.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 PM

Default I find him very frightening..............

Look at the **** he pulled to get elected in Ill. to begin with. The woman who he ran against an defeated was a long time champion of civil rights. When it looked like he was going to loose the race, he got his workers to challange the eligibility of of the registered voters in his district who got her and the other challengers on the ballot. In the end, they were left with no choice, as it was Obama or no one.

Also, while serving in the Ill. legislature, he has voted against doing away with Ill.'s split speed limit, he supported the criminal Gov. and his staff, several of whom are now serving long prison terms for corruption related to illegal drivers licenses and license fraud. More than 50,000 CDL and other license holders had to be retested.

Let's not forget his promise of Zero unemployment, and everyone will have a job they love (was this Obama or Lenin speaking?), healthcare for all, and $863 Billion in new welfare programs. Warren Buffet and the former head of the AARP have said that they support Obama, but for his plan to work he will have to raise taxes on everyone.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:24 PM

Default you realize that most of that is already in place, especially the part for seniors...........

Your expecting 5% of the population to foot the bill for the other 95%, it has already been shown in several sources, including liberal think tanks that it won't work without raising taxes across the board.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:33 PM

Default problems with the article...............

it overlooks her 80% popularity rating, consistent 80+%, it overlooks that she has been involved in international negotiations with Russia and Japan over treaties related to fishing, crabbing and whaling grounds. It overlooks that she does a stellar job of explaining why she doesn't support an did away with the "Bridge to Nowehere" as well as the pipeline that will run through Alaska. IT overlooks that her recent budget of $6.6 Billion, before signing it she line item vetoed several million dollars in unneeded items. It fails to mention that shortly after taking office, she ordered to Private Jet that her predecesor purchased for the state, that was a waste of tax dollars and she ordered it sold on ebay for a profit. She opposed and did away with a pipeline that was a taxpayer gift to Big Oil and Gas and supports a pipeline that will be done cheaper. She supports drilling in ANWAR, basically 2,000 acres out of 20,000,000 acres. Drilling would be in an area roughly the size equivelent to ANWAR what LAX is to Metro L.A..

Quick Reply: I hope this doesn't fuel a political pissing match, but.....