Longmont - Rodriguez Auto Body

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longmont - Rodriguez Auto Body

OMG, I am so livid...... I drive a 2005 Imola S4, which had a few dents in it from a boy on a bike. I drove around to various auto body shops and they all looked dirty or like they didn't care about their cars (the few that I looked at) and then I went to Rodriguez Auto Body. The owner was nice, the place was clean so I took my car there. It is the most horrible thing ever!!!!!!!! They promised to fix the damage, and have the car back to me in one day.

The first day, I picked up the car to find out that the yellow did not match. Not even close. The fender looked much darker!!!! Then, I mentioned that there were still two obvious dents, and I was told he didn't quote me on those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of body shop assesses damage and doesn't quote for all of it?!!!! IF he was gonna leave some stuff out, why wouldn't he tell me, of course because he's trying to rip me off!!!!! So he can increase the price later!!! It doesn't help that I'm a girl, and not to mention I happen to look young which is to my disadvantage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so today is day 2. I took the car BACK for the dark yellow and two dents and they made it a lighter dark yellow. It STILL doesn't match!!!!!!!!!!!! The dents are still there and they added more money to fix those too. Here comes the worst part. I took the car home and there are tons of marks ALL OVER my car of something that resembles clear coat!!!!!!!!! It's like they got sloppy with the clear coat and touched other areas of my car, I mean it is ALL over, even on the trunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so devastated, I don't even know what to do..... I don't have money to keep bringing it back or whatever, what would you suggest?
Old 09-28-2005, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wow, that really sucks, but on the positive side, I think your post wins for most exclamation marks

I would do these things:

1. take a bunch of pictures to document the crappy work, try to take at least as many as you used exclamation points

2. tell the body shop that you aren't paying them for the work, be polite but firm and if they give you ****, tell them you have documented the work they did, have a lawyer on retainer and they can make the next move (if you have already paid them some, don't pay any more and consider walking away from the money already spent and look at it as a lesson learned)

3. find a new shop to do the work, I bet you will get a lot of good recommendations from people on this board, sorry I don't know any though

Good luck! I hope everything turns out alright!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'd be pissed too! Did you pay out of pocket or file a claim with ins?

If you payed him out of pocket, maybe it's time to bite the bullet and file a claim with your insurance company to get a reputable shop to fix their bumbling. Or, if the dents were taken care of correctly, then a respray by a good shop shouldn't be too bad. Probably < $500 for a panel. A bumper costs about $350 to paint at SVE in Broomfield. And, without seeing pix, I'm guessing your overspray could probably get buffed out.

Also, you didn't mention how big the dents were, but if they were huge, I'd do a magnet check where your dents were to see if he just slathered on 20lbs of bondo or if he did it right by replacing the bad spots. Door ding sized dents would probably get filled, but larger dents like my roof damage (check my pp) should either get cut out and replaced or the whole panel replaced altogether (as was my case).
Old 09-29-2005, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Got to recommend Coopers in Fort Collins - but a little bit of a hike for you in Longmont
Old 09-29-2005, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Rocky Mountain Auto Body

Literally accross the street.

It's just a bit further East on 3rd. They've done awesome work for me in the past.

That's odd though, I've known the Rodgiguez family for years, and that shop doesn't have a bad reputation. Ask to go up the chain a bit, I'm sure someone there will be able to tell that it's a CRAP job and will get it fixed for you. If you'd like, I can play "I'm her BF, fix this damn car"........ my wife loans me out for this task

R
Old 09-29-2005, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Go to Pedersen auto plaza in Fort Collins........

Talk with JR in the body shop, and tell him Jordan Marrou sent you. He will give you a good price, and you won't have to worry about the work turning out less than perfect.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Rocky Mountain Auto Body

Already did that
Old 09-29-2005, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

out of pocket.... they said they will do anything to make it perfect.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good thing about them is that they're not arguing with me. Today I brought the car in after a pretty upset voice mail, and they said they noticed the problem right away when they saw the car this morning. They're saying they will fix it.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default They said sorry over and over again and fixed it, the car looks awesome now - almost done

I was freakin' out last night when I saw the marks, but I have to say, they've been very professional with acknowledging the problem and not denying it. As of today, the fender is better (not perfect, but better) and the dents are gone. I don't know what was going on there. Apparently the marks were from moisture underneath the plastic???? They said the heat made the moisture do that, it's not common but it happens.... They buffed it out though, I feel much better, no more heart attack.

Quick Reply: Longmont - Rodriguez Auto Body