MSCC Track

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSCC Track

I'm assuming most of you heard/know about that track being built out in Elbert County. I finally got an email from them this morning, inviting us to their inaugural promotional event. It's a general mailing, so there's probably others here that got it too.

Turns out that they're modeling the track on the Nurburgring.<ul><li><a href="http://www.theringoftherockies.com">http://www.theringoftherockies.com</a</li></ul>
Old 08-02-2007, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Have to take vacation days to get there
Old 08-02-2007, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That looks like more fun than should be allowed! Of couse, it's more fun then I can afford too. ;-)
Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 AM
dlh
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: MSCC Track

I said in an earlier thread, the more tracks the better. This one will have some big hurdles to overcome. County commissioners that have a stake in the genoa track for one thing.

The biggest would probably be environmental/wildlife. The facility will be very complex and expensive. Paving having to be done on the county roads from Agate to the facility. It is a very ambitious project. I wish them the best of luck.

shameless plug for HIGH PLAINS RACEWAY

After one month of the site going up and donation packets sent out there have been 122 people that sent in $100k. The audi club is a part of the fund raising. If you are a part of the rocky mountain chapter of the audi club then please give. Even if you aren't a member but like motorsports and would like to have a club owned and operated track for amatuer road racing please give.

Ever since 2nd creek closed there has only been 2 road courses, La Junta and Pueblo. Both 2 hrs away from Denver.

There is fine print in case you think will lose money if the track never gets built. You won't!! If by some reason we don't get a track built by 12-31-08 then any money you donated will be returned in full. No construction will be started until we have at least $500-600k raised through donations. CAMA already has a good start from the money reinvested by the member clubs from the operation of 2nd creek. They already have $1.4mil in loans ready for approval if all the clubs along with motorsports enthusiasts give for our part for a new track.<ul><li><a href="http://www.highplainsraceway.com">HIGH PLAINS RACEWAY</a></li></ul>
Old 08-02-2007, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Actually, neither BMW or Audi Club RMC are part of the fund raising effort

Information regarding this situation will be provided to members shortly in our upcoming newsletter.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had heard the plug had been pulled on this track
Old 08-02-2007, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default will be interested to hear, because i got that today

says they have land closing on 9/27
Old 08-02-2007, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Honestly, I can't remember where I heard that...

it was right about the time HPR went full on public and there was a lot of track talk. I remember hearing that someone had backed out of the project and I caught a name. I did a little research and it was the primary guy behind MSCC based on the articles I had dug up on the Denver Post site. I didn't do any further research to see if the information was true though. So, could be complete nonsense or his leaving had no bearing on the track's future.

Rick
Old 08-02-2007, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

claus wagner?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yep, that's the name

Quick Reply: MSCC Track