Post up your thoughts about Jay Cutler......

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post up your thoughts about Jay Cutler......

I say Plummer would have played better. With San Diego next week we could very well lose 4 straight. This season is going in the garbage very fast.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Who?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Post up your thoughts about Jay Cutler......

He's a rookie, played like a rookie and will continue to play like a rookie. Shanny should have either made the call earlier in the season or just stuck it out with Plummer. Not sure why you would change QB's for a MUST WIN game. Jake certainly hasn't played his best, but it's not just him.

Now for a rookie, Jay played as expected. Anyone who thought we was going to come out on fire and be perfect needs to up their dose on reality. For the most part he played fine, made rookie mistakes and it will take a few games to work that out. Unfortunately a few games is too many, I believe the Broncos are now done for the season.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't think we were going to the Superbowl anyway, and at least with Cutler it's fun to watch!

I think he was a little freaked (who wouldn't be!) for his first game and it will take time for him to relax and start making better throws and reads. That could be next week, and we could stun the Chargers. Hell, Buffalo almost did! But probably a couple more games.

I guess I would sum it up my saying that the game was a disapointment, but Cutler wasn't so much. I'll just be excited to see him win one, and it actually got pretty close last night! His arm is like a canon and he showed he can shrug off tacklers and move well in and out of the pocket. Fundamentals are all present, just need to pull it all together and relax. Personally I've decided not to sweat it as much and just sit back and enjoy the show win or loose.

When he made the bonehead falling interception pass it was almost a little funny, Rookie-Elwayish to watch. With Plummer it would probably have been left-handed and a lot less funny. I think the general agreement with the people watching at my place was "At least he can be coached out of those mistakes." With Plummer I had pretty much given up hope. I just hope people give him some slack. I'm at least old enough to remember how BAD Elway was... and that worked out all right in the end. ;-)
Old 12-04-2006, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Post up your thoughts about Jay Cutler......

Well, it's a very tough position to be in.....Plummer hasn't played well (Not by any means all his fault) And Cutler has been tearing it up in practice.....Point in case, Broncos needed a spark and Shanahan was hoping Cutler would be the one to do it.....I really hate to say this, but I think the Broncos were done after the San Diego game... Even if we had left Jake in and made the playoffs, we would still probably be out in the first round, on the road at Indy or San Diego? I don't know if the Broncos are in a position right now to be able to undertake that task....It's not a pretty sight to see, with SOO much talent and lately, so little results.

As for Cutler, I think he played about as expected, for a rookie. Sure, he made some mistakes but good God, you ALL have to admit that the kid has a cannon for an arm. And what better coach for a rookie with that much potential to work with than Shanahan? Tough place to put a rookie, and I thought some of the play calling was questionable. But we'll have to see what happens in the next few weeks. On the bright side, atleast he has 5 weeks to get ready for next year.

Don't think I'm rolling them under a bus just yet, I'm a diehard fan but I don't know where this season is going at this point we look flat
Old 12-04-2006, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cutler throws a tighter spiral than Plummer, that's for sure.

He just needs to learn the passing lanes, and lead his receivers better. I still think Plummer would've been the better QB for last night though. He loves playing in the cold.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:02 AM

Default Play selection played a huge part in the loss...again!!

Cutler made some big mistakes.
I'm no Jake fan, but I think that they would have won the game if he was playing.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i'd stick with the kid

he has potential...something plummer out grew in highschool
Old 12-04-2006, 08:16 AM
Kep

Default He played descent, rest of the team sucked!

Too many turnovers...
Old 12-04-2006, 08:18 AM

GO Seahawks!!! Cutler did good, considering the pressure and expectations

Quick Reply: Post up your thoughts about Jay Cutler......