Quality Auto Sound sucks ass.........................

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality Auto Sound sucks ***.........................

Long story long.....

When I bought my pickup new in Nov. '00, I used a discount offered by Christopher Dodge to purchase and have installed a Viper alarm system. I bought the system through the Lakewood store, and had it installed at the Commerce City store.

In Dec. '02 I upgraded that alarm to the high end 790XV Responder system. Since that time I have had a bunch of minor glitches with it, mainly the antenna on the remote kept breaking, and they were impossible to get.

In May of '04, I needed to replace a remote that broke, none of the QAS stores had them instock, and were all talking upwards of 3 weeks to get them in. I was being told this even after I called DEI directly and was told that they would overnight at their expense a new remote to the store of my choice, the store refused to accept the offer and said I would have to wait. So, instead I went to Soundtrack, which carries the DEI brand, but under the Python line. I purchased a remote from them, and had them program it. It had been working fine, but I was big time pissed at QAS.

Now, I have a new problem. Over the weekend, the battery on my pickup died an I had to have it on the charger for Sat. night and part of Sunday. When I did this, I forgot to pull the fuses for the alarm, and it more or less quit working with my remotes. So, today, I called QAS in Northglenn, they said to bring it by and they would check it out, it probably needed a quick reprogram. While checking it, they found that my valet switch was broken off under the dash, and therefore they could not reprogram the remote, and would have to replace the assembly, but I needed my reciept.

So I found the receipt, called to see when they could fix it. Well, they no longer accept appt's, they only do warrenty related installs Tuesday thru Friday, and it's first come first served. I explained that because of the hours I work this makes it impossible for me to get this thing repaired, because I cannot bring it up and drop it off as I would have no way of getting to work or back to pick it up, and that since they work first come first served, they will not accept me bringing it it at say 3pm for them to fix it, becuase they are too busy.

They suggested that the best I can do is call each afternoon when I get off work to see if they can get me in. What a ripoff, I called 2 different stores, and got the same story, I called the corporate office and got the run around. Guess I'll have to take a day off to get it fixed. Since when did they stop accepting appt's for work.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They mostly all chug goat caulk...............

I had one install my tried and true Sony DSP deck in my (last) truck and when I went to pick it up, the volume was so low, it was lame. They didn't realize the truck had a factory amp (Infinity system) that they weren't powering up. I had to argue with them to even get them to listen to it and aknowledge there was a problem. IIRC, it was a Metro Sound that used to be in Parker.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default had them install a system into my '91 GTI back in '93. They stole the crossovers

from my MB quart speakers and replaced them with capacitors. Then they hot glued the speakers into the doors!! Oh, and used rinky dink wiring for the amp. I found all this out a year later and went after them, they paid for the crossovers and a little bit of the reinstall, but that's it. I refuse to deal with those f'ers.

I'm pretty disappointed that Western Radio closed, they did a good job installing my XM commander in the S4 and were very fair on price...
Old 02-20-2006, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Quality Auto Sound sucks ***.........................

Western Audio on york in cherry creek....top notch.

QAS and CarToys are garbage, cartoys blew a f*ckin cap on my xtant1001x amp by not lowering the levels on the amp before initial powerup......then tried to blame xtant saying they sent me a bad amp...?!?!?!

wtf, liars...the amp was perfectly fine, he forgot to turn down the levels on the amp and the stereo, thus soon as he went to hook it up is popped and a funky smell emitted from the amp...

i dont go to substandard "7-11" type stereo places, they charge too much for some menial work, go to western audio.