SCREW mac autosport

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCREW mac autosport

so I took a couple of intercooler pipes into have bungs welded onto them. I was quoted $40 plus the parts. Cool $50-60 and Im done. Two days later I go back to pick them up. Kid tells me the total is $100. So I say that wasn't what I was quoted and so I have him go check on whats going on.

The owner comes running into the front office asking what the problem is. So I tell him that the bill was more than what I was quoted. without saying anything to me, he grabs the piping off the counter and storms off into the back. With his back to me he tells me he is going to grind the newly welded bungs off the piping and leave me with holes in the brand new piping I just purchased. But, he tells me that there won't be any charge then.

After a few minutes of standing there dumbfounded he returns with piping saying that the welder didn;t want to grind them off.

At this point he goes over the bill again and says you can pay that or make up your own price. So I tell him to charge me whatever he thinks is fair after all this I just wanted to leave before I started something I shouldn't. That guy is F%cking stupid!

Long story short, I don't think that anyone should give them any money ever again. If you want a nice dyno with realistic numbers go to superrupair in boulder
Old 04-27-2007, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Man, that blows. Sounds like he really over reacted!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sorry to hear that,

Sounds like the business is starting to get to them. They would have been better off quoting you an hourly rate and saying it will take 1-2 hrs, although it was probably only a 30 min job.

I don't envy shops like theirs, sure there are people willing to dump money into cars, but most people want the world and never want to pay for it when it comes to cars.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The superrupair guys aren't so hot either.....
Old 04-27-2007, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Use Apikol for any custom welding

Brendan and Brooks do great work!
Old 04-27-2007, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default im not defending them one way or the other....ive seen that they can be a bit....bipolar...

depending on how business is going there. I have a buddy who has dumped mega $$ into his 350z there and he says the same thing...you just have to catch them on a good day. again, im not defending because consistency is the name of the game...but i have always had a pretty good experience over there....then again, ive just sourced a couple of parts and dyno'd.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...and I'll TIG steel/stainless if you help fill my fridge.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Buddy of mine has a very similar story. They basically told him to grab his ankles.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've never had any experience with them, but that is not how you conduct a service oriented business

And people wonder how Wal-mart proliferates... Sure, cars and wally-world are apples-oranges, but the same principal applies when it comes to service.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default again, not justifying it or making excuses for them, just posting what i have heard/experienced.

i agree about the customer service needs and how you treat people if you want repeat customers. i know this very well having worked in the hotel business for 5 years and certainly now as a financial advisor.

Quick Reply: SCREW mac autosport