Stopped by Audi dealer In Denver on Colfax/Garrison ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stopped by Audi dealer In Denver on Colfax/Garrison ...

I am in town from Iowa for this weekend. Stopped by that dealer and definately was worth the trip. My local Audi dealership in Iowa doesn't get too much selection of nicer cars, so it was fun to check these out. Some favorites: Nogaro Blue B6 S4 Avant, 2 or 3 B5 S4's, RS6, A8L, wow...Not to mention any of the Porsches! Wish I had brought the digital camera. Just wanted to express my excitement with a random post. That's all.
~Adam
Old 12-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Former Vendor

Can help with your wish list !
Old 12-25-2003, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

How's that?
Old 12-25-2003, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default he was probably looking at your signature

Anyways, the dealership you stopped by is Prestige. I hate their service department...in fact I hate Prestige altogether...but they do have a nice showroom.

Just because I also drive an '82 Volvo, DOESN'T mean I don't own an Audi...punk asses. Tell me to move my car...just so an STI owner has 1 extra foot of space to back out...pansy *** *******.

Service Guy: "yeah...cars like the 5000 we dont' stock parts for anymore..."
Me: "I have a S4."
Service Guy: "oh..."

Paul
-never buying a VAG product again. Next car: Pontiac GTO/Cadillac CTS-V.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default yeah...sounds like the my dealer in Iowa

...before I got my car, I'd stop by every once in a while with friends or in my old truck. About the only time I was ever talked to was if I was in my friend's Jetta or my dad's 4Runner. I didn't end up buying my car there, got it out of town. I think a lot of dealer's lose business like that when they totally avoid those who they think can't afford cars on their lot. Oh well. Their loss I guess.
~Adam
Old 12-26-2003, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

zev, i just got my first s4 -2001-avant , let's talk about service and mods wish list????
Old 12-26-2003, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Prestige was rude to me after driving in with my 3/4T Dodge...

Dealt with Phil Long in the Springs and sniped the car I wanted from Prestige anyway. Bastages.

It was a Friday afternoon and we typically wear jeans (I was.) I had just finished a system support visit with Stephenson Lexus and stopped by Prestige to see what they had. Rude little bitch left me sitting out in the lobby while she HAND WROTE a list of 6-7 cars after I asked what they might have in inventory.

Went to McDonald Auto, got lied to big time and got the high-pressure tactics so I promptly left.

Next day, Phil Long rep called re: an online request I had made the evening before. I did the whole deal over the phone and picked the car up a few days later.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default OT: How do you like those Pirelli Pzero nero tires?

I might be getting some 18" wheels soon and i'm considering those tires? Any issues with them? thanks
~Adam
Old 12-28-2003, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Pretty sticky although they were off before I did the H-sports

so I don't yet know the true capabilities. They seemed only marginally better than the factory all-seasons (P6's) in turn-ins, but definately had better high-speed stability and better stopping ability. They seem to get stickier as they get some heat in them.

They tramline. The ride, noise, and wear seem consistent with any other ultra performance summer tire. Visually, the tread pattern isn't as radical as others.

Handling in the wet is great, very confident feel with the Quattro.

All in all, I would buy them again unless something better comes out or there was a huge price difference between the Nero's and something comparable.

Problem is, I understand they may be discontinued and all that's available is current stock. The Pzero Rossos are the replacement IIRC.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor

Default Sure thing. We can help ! If you have 'European Car'

handy take a look at the S4 Shootout and you can see that we know how to make the car goooooooooooooooo !

Quick Reply: Stopped by Audi dealer In Denver on Colfax/Garrison ...