A suggestion for the board members of both the RMC and GRUPPE-Q.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A suggestion for the board members of both the RMC and GRUPPE-Q.

GROW UP!

If it weren't for the enthusiast members of ACNA, the club, the local chapters, and their boards would not even exist. If the first and foremost priority of those boards is not meeting the needs and desires of the members, then what service are they providing? I don't believe I am atypical of members by wanting events to meet other enthusiasts and share my passion for Audis. Whether it is a tech session or a track event or just an informal gathering, what matters is that there are opportunities to share the love we have for cars in general and Audis in particular. I also believe that I am not the only ACNA RMC member that would prefer not to have to deal with the drama that seems to be neverending with our chapter. Sorry folks, but the behavior is sooooo high school. Bruce Bradigan's comment that "I communicated at length with representatives of both groups with the hope that some rapprochement could be reached but, unfortunately, neither side was willing to talk to the other" just reinforces my opinion that the members are not the top priority here.

To be clear to those who may question my reason for posting, I have attended several RMC-sponsored events since moving to CO in 2006, and I enjoyed all of them. I have meet some of the board members at those events, and I was pleased with how they ran the events and appreciate their desire to provide a quality experience. I particularly enjoyed the opportunity to meet and get to know other members. Unfortunately, all of the political wrangling detracts from my overall experience with the chapter.

I challenge both boards to step back from their history and personal agendas and consider things from the perspective of their members. After all, they are also members themselves. It may help them focus on what we expect from them as our board. I, for one, am not getting what I expect at this point.

Tom Hickey
(303) 588-4309
Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds reasonable to me
Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default We run 1 Event per year at Steamboat - and have since '02

Never a problem. Get ACNA Sanctioned and extend the usual invitation to our friends in the Rocky Mountain region, it's some huge issue? Please, I think our Event is hardly the issue. It would appear that RMC has much bigger issues on their plate than us. Thanks for your continued interest in your club

Scott J
Eventmaster
ACNA Gruppe-q Steamboat Ice Driving Experience<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/130486.phtml">The Bigger Issues</a></li></ul>
Old 02-04-2009, 09:53 PM

Hey Steve. Any plans to visit again soon?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:56 AM

For the love of humanity, let it go!!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:10 AM

Default Wow, you will go to NO end to TRY and prove yourself right! First you are

asked to contact the local chapter by our ACNA president himself, but you must be too cool for that. then you call that same person (Bruce B.)a lier AFTER he saved your *** because you could not get your own insurance. So, in all your, at best, half-truths you have railed on RMC, Josh W., Bruce B. and this is in the spirit of "an ACNA sanctioned event". We don't need you or your crap, go home and stop posting here.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably...since my mom is real sick and in Exempla Lutheran Hospital in Wheatridge right now
Old 02-05-2009, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sorry to hear that Steve. Let us know when you're going to be here...
Old 02-06-2009, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Welcome to Audiworld - convenient old member ski ya later dba: it's not about you!

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/lrqc/msgs/153832.phtml">Your nice work!</a></li></ul>
Old 02-06-2009, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh no, how will we ever live with Scott mocking us? I'm so intimidated!

Keep it up, you're just digging the hole deeper.

Quick Reply: A suggestion for the board members of both the RMC and GRUPPE-Q.