A suggestion for the board members of both the RMC and GRUPPE-Q.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please feel free to respond in this thread Mr. Wyte

Moving forward to a better ACNA in terms of Event Risk Management.... It would be good for all of ACNA and it's Insurance providers, that a clear Policy is in place regarding Eventmaster attendence and prior experience at ACNA Event venues. Specifically, you and the RMC Board documenting (BOD Meeting Minutes 11-15-08), 2 months in advance of the ACNA-RMC Steamboat Event 2009, that Doc Wyte - Eventmaster, would not be present. A possible additional risk consideration, DWyte never participated in an ACNA Steamboat Ice Driving Event prior to being the ascribed Eventmaster.

Thanks for your continued interest in better ACNA Event practices!

Scott J
Eventmaster (and present?)
ACNA Gruppe-q Steamboat Ice Driving Experience 2009<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/lrqc/msgs/153662.phtml">Missing Eventmaster Doc Wyte</a></li></ul>
Old 02-07-2009, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

None of your points are valid, so I'm not even going to bother to respond.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Mr. Wyte lack of response

The two main issues at the 2009 ACNA-RMC Steamboat Event appear to be Abcensia Eventmaster, and no previous ACNA participation of that Eventmaster at the venue.

The fact that DWyte doesn't consider these points valid or worthy of response adds to the seriousness of ACNA's potential Exposure to risk. Specifically, this risk Policy and these Requirements should be clearly stated in all National and Chapter ACNA Event Guidelines.

Cheers

Scott J
Eventmaster
ACNA Gruppe-q Steamboat Ice Driving Experience 2009
Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Tired of hearing yourself pontificate? We are...
Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 AM

Default How about those 12/30 ACNA minutes? Looks like RMC is paying the HPR money back.

It doesn't appear that you are vindicated of anything. QUite the opposite, in fact.<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiclubna.org/images/minutes/2008_12_30_08.pdf">log in to audiclubna.org to view</a></li></ul>
Old 02-09-2009, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I continue to be concerned about your lack of due dilegence....

I spent countless hours responding to your "non-sanctioned" charges of our ACNA Sanctioned Event... Those charges from an Eventmaster that wasn't present at his Event! - nor ever been to the venue! From you as a Board Member of/and RMC not taking the proper steps to document your 'claimed' (see link) change to the Eventmaster of record at Steamboat. If it's discussed in the 11-15 minutes and that agreed Board change is not in the minutes, you have a problem. If it's discussed at the BOD meeting and not documented, it's a liability to RMC and ACNA.

Bummer about the HPR monies needing to be refunded. My understanding is that series of mis-steps by RMC makes the scheduled HPR Event more expensive to run and attend by RMC membership.

Glad you appear to no longer be under a "Gag Order" from National. Good luck with the rest of the RMC issues Mr Wyte

Scott J
Concerned ACNA Member<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/130934.phtml">Steamboat Eventmaster Missing in Action</a></li></ul>
Old 02-10-2009, 04:28 AM

Default ...

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/lrqc/msgs/153639.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/lrqc/msgs/153639.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 02-11-2009, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default B Flangan - wrt other 1400 posts dba ski ya later , maybe you can answer some of the questions

Since you are indeed not new to the Forums, maybe you can help DWyte and KEsmail formulate proper responses?

Cheers

Scott J<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/lrqc/msgs/153824.phtml">3 Amigos unveiled</a></li></ul>
Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default How about those ACNA 12/30 minutes where National steps in to refund track donors "of record" in2004

"Board of Directors Meeting
December 30, 2008
Meeting convened at 21:08 EST
By Dean Treadway, President
Attending:
Dean Treadway, President
John Horner, Vice President
Steve Earley, Treasurer
Karen Chadwick, Executive Director
Kent Anderson
Mary Ayers
Bruce Bradigan
Mike Fisher
Jack Perry"
Charlie Prietz
Mike Veglia

&lt;SNIP TO PAGE 2&gt;

"Concern raised about the lack of diligence on our Chapters' part regarding checking all
event registrants' current membership status.

Suggests that the Certificate of
Insurance not be issued until a list of attendees is presented to National office. Group
suggests that the Driving Events committee establish a policy."

&lt;SNIP&gt;

"Dean Treadway asked Mike Fisher to accept the appointment, Mike Fisher accepted.

Steamboat Springs Colorado Winter Driving School Liability Insurance
Motion: Grant insurance to the two non-chartered groups provided:
1. Wisenburg is OK with extending the insurance to these two groups
2. all attendees/participants are current members of ACNA
3. charge $250 dollars for a one-day event; charge $200 per day for an event with
multiple days."

&lt;PAGE 3&gt;

"Motion by Dean Treadway, second by Mike Fisher Vote 7-For, 1-Against, Motion
carried."

"<b>Rocky Mountain Fundraiser Issue
Motion: Turn the financial records of the Rocky Mountain Chapter's Second Creek
Fundraiser July 2004 over to Wegner in order to determine the net proceeds, adjusted
by an amount considered to be a reasonable expense for the dinner (banquet), to be
returned to the donors of record proportional to their contribution.

Motion by Steve Earley, second by Dean Treadway, Unanimous vote, motion carried."</b><ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/acna/threads/63.phtml#339">ACNA 12/30 minutes in their entirety for ACNA members after signing in here:</a></li></ul>
Old 02-14-2009, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default AGAIN, NOT THE WHOLE STORY AS I UNDERSTAND IT TO BE....

My *understanding* is that there are *two* Events involved here, and the National has only addressed one of them in the December 2008 Directive. As it was presented to me: RMC held a Track Event in 2004 where excess monies were raised/donated under the expressed intent of using these funds for HPR.

Allegedly a *second* Dinner Event was a more selective invite-only dinner set up by the RMC Board. That alleged Dinner was alleged to be an 'extravagant' affair. As I understand it, ACNA National Directive came from the alleged blatant excess with regards to the financials in this second round dinner, in actual expenditures, spirit and intent.

THE UNRESOLVED AND BIGGER PROBLEM AS I UNDERSTAND IT: It appears there's a bit of Triangular Arbitrage here. I hear *it has been alleged* that funds used from the first event were used to bankroll the second. If this is the case, the 501c3 risk is real and hard. If 501c3 Funds are raised for a specific purpose, and are not used for that specific purpose, they must *all* be refunded. Period. (Read: Donations and excess in both Rounds I and II require corrective action).

In the meantime, if it can be documented that any of the Fundraiser monies for HPR were used for *ANY* other purpose than a check to HPR, all of ACNA 501c3 status is in jeopardy, and RMC has a big problem. As it was explained to me, a Court Order (Cy Pres Decree) is required to use specifically allocated fundraiser monies, for any other purpose than intended.

Again, as I read this in the ACNA National Minutes, they appeared to have only addressed round two. If the funding for round deux was bankrolled by the monies in round one, there is still monies due HPR, or monies to be refunded in full, to the donators at the initial fundraiser.

As this is most likely a co-mingling of funds, and round one was an 'aggregate total' (Read: informal pass the hat fundraisers), the only practicable recourse is to donate those totalled 'round one' funds to HPR expost facto. And hence, RMC/ACNA "eats" the round two dinner bill.

What a mess, and leaves many questions unanswered still. As the Secretary of the RMC Board, Josh Wyte should have the proper documents on file to clear this up. *DISCLAIMER*: I have no documentation to support the above, and state here that this is my understanding as it was explained to me. I make no direct allegations, and only offer the suggested scenario to present a possible solution, if the allegations are true. (whew)

Scott J
Concerned ACNA Member

Quick Reply: A suggestion for the board members of both the RMC and GRUPPE-Q.