Warning: Tint owners. Pulled over in Ft Collins ( x-post)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning: Tint owners. Pulled over in Ft Collins ( x-post)

I was pulled over by our boys in blue tonight. I was going downtown for a bite to eat with the family and "then there was light" many light to be exact. I had to ask "why was I being pulled over?" The officer replied" your tinted windows appear to dark." He took my DL, regist, and proof of INS and returned with a meter to "measure" my tint. I came in at 25%. He went back to the car. I was about to ask him if his "equipment" had been properly calibrated when he let me off with a warning stating that "it is accurate to +/- 1% and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt." WOW, thanks alot occifer! It warms my heart to think how my tax dollars are being spent. I asked him why he was harrasing me, with all the "other stuff" going on in the world (and Ft Collins). He remained adamant that this was an important job, to protect the world from the menace of dark windows...How do these "laws" get passed and why do we (the citizens) put up with it??? It is a trumped up excuse to pull people over and look for other illeagle behavior. Aren't our jails over flowing already? I told him he was doing a really good job because I was a huge menace to society. Anyway...I'll stop ranting. I am just pissed off. Go catch a terrorist or something...
Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

there are people out there with chainsaws, but he's pulling you over
Old 03-02-2007, 11:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You just dont understand. The tint is so much more dangerous. Srsly.....
Old 03-03-2007, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I fully agree but for the protection of them. They need to see whats going on in there..for example.

I know a few officers that work the roads... say you are one of them pulling over a suspect for speeding on I-25 at night. You are now approaching the vehicle blindly because you can not see inside. This is a danger to him and everyone else. Therefore a so called bad guy could potentially hide in his car until the officer got in sight to shoot or danger him. Imagine walking up to a car blind....Thats one of many reasons why. I admit my windows are illegal! I wanted it that way. Not for this reason but because I hate the sun beating in on my car. I have never been harassed since I have practiced this techinique. As soon as you are pulled over roll down ALL windows so the officer can see all things taking place in the car.. Never go for your insurance/wallet or anything until instructed to do so. This posses a threat incase your going for a weapon. Remeber the officer is assuming worse case senerio.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:56 AM

Default I've been stopped for the same thing................

not on the Audi but in my Dakota. Since my pickup is 4 dr, I the back doors come with a factory tint that is maybe 50%, I thenhad them tinted over with 15% so they are almost blacked out. At night, there is very little light coming through them, and during the saytime it is also very dark. Plus my fronts are at 35% and with having a shell and tinted windows on the shell it makes it quite dark. I've stopped by Commerce City and Denver for this same reason a couple of times. MY B-I-L is a Brighton cop, he gives me grief about it occasionally too.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default boo hoo

<i>I told him he was doing a really good job because I was a huge menace to society. Anyway...I'll stop ranting. I am just pissed off. Go catch a terrorist or something...</i>

Your eloquent prose makes me chuckle. Your point, if indeed there is one beyond being "pissed off", is lost on me.

It's called a pretext stop. Its purpose is to discover truly illicit activity. If said stop resulted in an arrest in a drunk driver or wanted felon, you would likely be singing the praises of local law enforcement.

Your trip to dine out was delayed by what, 5 minutes? Big freaking deal!

Loosen your skirt a little 'cuz it would seem it is way too tight.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:34 AM

Default lol...

dont be such a SALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=^)
Old 03-03-2007, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Old 03-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Default You broke the law. The cop didn't enforce the law, luckily for you.

I don't think you have any reason to be upset. In my opinion, you should be happy.
You complain about how your tax dollars are spent. Well, if they were better spent, he would be doing his job of enforcing the law, and you would have a ticket.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Sadly it is human nature to do things knowingly that violate the law and then get upset

when one gets caught. Maturity is a factor in the response.

Quick Reply: Warning: Tint owners. Pulled over in Ft Collins ( x-post)