Well, I am 95% sure I will be moving to Denver this summer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, I am 95% sure I will be moving to Denver this summer.

A few questions.

1) I really like the LoDo area, and I am thinking about buying a loft there. Are there any reasons to avoid that area? WOuld a loft there be a good investment?

2)Are there other areas that I should look at for condo/loft/townhouses? (I live in Chicago now and love the ability to walk to bars and resurants) I dont want to buy a house, too lazy to do yard work. Basically looking for a good area for a single 20-something.

3) What is the job market like in the area for finance related jobs? I have a few things in the works, but if those go south I am curious about the availibility of other jobs.

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Once you move here you can join one of these groups to look for jobs.

LoDo area is great - I haighly recommend it. Only down side is no garage to work on your car<ul><li><a href="http://www.collectivenet.org/">CollectiveNet</a></li></ul>
Old 04-23-2005, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Default hey, we'll be trading locations for next year.

I'm headed out to NU for law, will probably be living right downtown. Where do you live in Chicago?

LoDo is a nice area which has been consistently improving for about 10 years now. There are some very nice (and very $$$) lofts there. However, its a desirable area and the prices are a little inflated. So, if the urban housing market bubble bursts, LoDo lofts will become devalued quickly. Whether or not they keep gaining value depends a lot if Denver can establish itself as a real city. With Hickenlooper as mayor, there's a good chance this will happen. He owns a bit of property downtown, and (at least as of a few years ago) lived in a loft near Coors field above his restaurant so he has a vested interest in building up the Denver downtown.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default My only fear is that I see more homeless now that I did a few years ago.

they totally ruin an area with their hassling people as well as the crime they bring into a location.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I live in Old Town.

Basically its the neighborhood that is next to the Gold Coast. I have a pretty nice place right now, so from what I have found so far I can get a comprable place for the same money.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yeah, denver real estate prices are nothing like chicago.

Are there any areas (or ever buildings) you'd recommend I look for an apartment? NU's law school is at Chicago and Michigan, just off Lake Shore. I'm going to be on a student budget and Gold Coast apartment prices are killer.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No garage will be ok for me, so long as I have indoor parking

I am going to sell my car and buy an Allroad or a Touareg, with a warrenty.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Chicago has an amazing public trans. system

Depending on how far away from campus you mind living, there are a lot of options. The area near the campus is very expensive. I guess my recomendation would depend on your age and what you are looking for, and what you like to do.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Depending on the part of LODO your looking at..........

There are some good lofts available with underground parking. Expect to pay 150K minimum for one though, I have seen some new ones just being built that were starting at $225K just north of Coors Field.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default .......

I'm 22, will be living with my girlfriend. A student sort of community would be nice, but I'm not into the club/raging party scene, though I like chill bars and jazz clubs. I don't think I'll have an awful lot of free time, but nice cafes to study in would be a plus.

Quick Reply: Well, I am 95% sure I will be moving to Denver this summer.