What fuel kits are local stage 3 B5 S4 owners running?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AWE
Old 02-16-2007, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

exactly what I was alluding to. Just a shame it's so damned expensive!
Old 02-16-2007, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Bottom line Chuck, and anyone else out there who's looking at this scenario..

60# Mototron injectors don't like this altitude.

I talked to Randy for a little while when your car was there recently. Both agreed that it's a futile effort trying to get those injectors running well here.

ASP's 42# delphi's are the best option up here.

I just wish EPL would have helped you a little more, they've gone down in my estimations somewhat because of that.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not sure what injector size has to do with altitude..... but I run 90lb injectors no problem...
Old 02-16-2007, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It sounds like other things may need to be checked......

misfires can relate to things other than plugs, coilpacks, and injectors/ecu...... IE vacuum leaks, wiring issues, etc. Not to say Randy has/hasnt, as I have no idea, but might be something to look into......
Old 02-16-2007, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It has everything to do with altitude. Think about it...higher altitude = less airflow

ECU bases it's injector duty cycle on the amount of airflow it reads from the MAF. The larger the injector, the higher the flow rate. Problem at this altitude, is that the airflow is so much more limited, and as such, less fuel needs to be injected to get the optimum AFR. But, on S4's anyway, the stock FPR is a 4 bar...coupled with 60# injectors, that's WAY too much fuel and you run into a very, very rich situation. Even if we go in and pull 25% primary fuel, it's still too rich.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: It has everything to do with altitude. Think about it...higher altitude = less airflow

Right. That would be the case with running 60lb on a stock ECU, but not with an ECU tuned for 60lb. And I highly, highly doubt those 60lb are getting to an injection time at idle that is below their ability, and once off idle, it doesnt matter. If they were 1000cc+ it might be an issue, but 60lb should be cake. I am sure there might be some negative fuel trims due to altitude, but nothing out of the range of the ECU. If the OEM ecu with OEM injectors can scale for altitude and run OK, an ECU tuned for 60lb should scale here with no difference. The car is metering the air coming into the motor, regardless of altitude. So with a proper tune, even from sea level, it shouldnt be an issue, unless the injector is so big that the open times are too fast.... which again shouldnt even be close to an issue with a 60lber......

Bottom line.....if I can idle a 1000cc, and guys have even idled 1600cc..... 630cc should be cake . I really, really dont think its an injector size issue.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the thing is... his car running LEAN!!! this is according to Todd, he showed me all the missfire

counts and the block 32 + 33 at idle

i'm with A/R Design, it must be something else
Old 02-17-2007, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Current status of my car

We've decided to put the car back the way it was for my upcoming road trip, then put the EPL kit back on when I get back. I would love to enlist the help of the Audi brain trust here and see what we can find out. If we can get some good log info EPL will use it to develop other files for me to try. I'm willing to go after it one more time but need help figuring it out.

So, who's with me?!? ;-)
Old 02-17-2007, 04:59 AM

Default I just switched from AMS to AWE/Moss sauce. I ran the AMS for almost 3 years

that kit is made up of RS4 parts. I cant believe the difference, it has to be over 100hp. I dont think there is a better choice for this altitude and all the R&D has been done.

Quick Reply: What fuel kits are local stage 3 B5 S4 owners running?