What is up with people? Why do people feel compelled to give me the one fingered salute when they

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is up with people? Why do people feel compelled to give me the one fingered salute when they

are they ones that are driving like an idiot. Driving to work this morning, going about 85 in the left lane with a string of cars on my right, no one within 500 yards behind me and 300 yards in front of me is a mini-van going just below the speedlimit, I'm obviously coming up fast on them and they have plenty of room to get over, they do so and as I pass I get the bird. WTF! What the hell did I do? For once the two lane system worked like it was supposed to and I passed on the left and the slower car got out of the way.

I just don't understand people sometimes. Ugghhh.....
Old 07-01-2004, 07:42 AM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

How dare you pass someone in the left lane when they are going below the limit. You're just so rude
Old 07-01-2004, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I like when they see you coming and try to get over, but you cut over instead of hitting the brakes

and letting them move over. And Pat is right-you are rude and a bad person for passing in the left
Old 07-01-2004, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

well if you HAD any brakes, maybe you could slow down!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: What is up with people? Why do people feel compelled to give me the one fingered salute when th

Well per the new laws enacted in Colorado effective today, they were just as guilty of breaking the law as you.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ha Ha! Nice, that should change this weekend, right?
Old 07-01-2004, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yea, don't you like how I bitch about someone not following the law, when I am

not following them either? Although I do not think either one of us would have been pulled over for our offenses. Her for traveling in the passing lane, which I don't believe will ever actually be enforced and me for going ten (at most) miles over the speed limit. If I ever get a speeding ticket, on the stretch of I-25 that I drive, for going ten miles over, I think I would pass out right on the spot.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I am with you on this, don't take my post as a lecture

I drive 6th ave west every morning, that's the majority of my commute, I deal with road rage types, gettting flipped of and other assorted gestures. Why? Because I might bend the limits a little bit on speed. It is ridiculous to think that camping out in the left lane is a right.

I give every opportunity for someone to move before I take measures into my own hands and pass on the right.

I could go on for hours of all my stories of psychotic drives over hte last two years of this commute.

What is really funny, is if I am in my Scout, people move and I get nothing, in my old Pasat or my A6 they are freaks.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor

What new driving laws took effect today ?
Old 07-01-2004, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Left lane campers get tickets now!

It is now ILLEGAL to sit in the left lane and impede traffic. Stay right or die is the new motto.

EDIT: Quote form RMN on June 21:

"One new law that likely will get attention clamps down on road hogs - motorists who get in the passing lane on highways and don't get out.

The law's Senate sponsor was Sen. Ken Arnold, a retired Colorado State Patrol major from Westminster with firsthand experience involving traffic problems caused by slackers in the high-speed lane.

The new law, which had strong support from the state patrol as well as other police agencies, is expected to result in at least 200 more tickets being handed out in the first year to motorists who will face fines of up to $100.

Although a lot of people like it, Arnold admits that not all his phone calls have been favorable.

"I've gotten a few that think it's just a free ticket for speeders to get away with whatever they want - that the speeders can get in the left-hand lane and speed forever," he said.

"Well, that's not true. Those people will get speeding tickets.

"The motorists that this law goes after are those drivers who get in that lane, slowing movement for everyone else and creating traffic jams. That causes a lot of serious problems, including road rage." "

Quick Reply: What is up with people? Why do people feel compelled to give me the one fingered salute when they