RS 6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi RS 6 produced from 2020 - Present

Ordering suspended 1/4/24 for RS6, A6, S6 and others

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Ordering suspended 1/4/24 for RS6, A6, S6 and others

I read multiple reports (on another forum, including one posted by a very credible source from Audi) that ordering for the following variants is suspended. Restrictions are expected to ease in Q2, 2024. They will continue to fulfill orders already in the system but delays are expected.

V6/V8 variants affected include:

A6 allroad
A6 55 Sedan
S6 Sedan
RS 6 Avant performance
A7 55
S7
RS 7 performance
A8 L 55
S8
Q7 55
Q8 55
RS Q8

A few folks posted that they had received a call from their SA with the same information.
I am passing along everything I know.

I don’t know if 1/4/24 is the effective date of the letter, or the suspension. It was posted today by the Audi source.
I put the date in the thread title so as this information ages, it won’t cause concern a few months down the road.

Last edited by NotAGarageQueen; 01-04-2024 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2024, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the concrete details. Much more detail than 3 Chicagoland dealers were able to provide as I pursued a custom order. I'll keep the toes crossed that timing holds--and that I can actually place an order in (early) April.
The following users liked this post:
NotAGarageQueen (01-06-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just for another data point, I have been searching for an RS6 for a few months now. I was going to order but one local dealer told me that it may be delayed due to V8 shortages. Another dealer told me it was just the V6 models that are affected but the first post above contradicts that. Good luck to those who are ordering....
Old 01-14-2024, 12:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts

I have read in the UK motoring press in the last couple of weeks that the RS6 will get a significant refresh in the Spring (probably applies to the whole A6 range) which would also keep the range current when the A6 eTron is launched later this year. It would also ensure it can compete with the new E-Class and 5 series ranges. Audi is also introducing the RS6 Performance GT into the European market this year (part of the April refresh?) so it is likely that they have closed the order book to focus on building all current orders so that they can then switch production to the updated model
Old 01-19-2024, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

This morning 1/19/24, the same person (Audi employee) who shared the 1/4/24 update on orders being temporarily suspended (post #1) has now shared a newly updated “order guidance”:

Latest Order Guide just issued - RS 6 (& all MHEVs) - for MY24 NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR ORDERING -

That means if :

1) You don't have a confirmed Factory Order (at Factory), you may NOT likely get an MY24 order - this could change (Gawrsh I HOPE so) next month, but ...

2) You do not have a scheduled Production Start, you may be at risk too - even if you do have a confirmed order.

Just be aware of further delays, confusion etc. - me too ...

Lastly - ALL vehicles at Ports will NOT be released for now (no ideas on how long 'now' will last)...

In Transit to Dealer, i.e. Rail/Truck Loaded - probably okay.
Old 01-20-2024, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 616 Likes on 444 Posts

Since the notice specifically mentions “all MHEVs”, I wonder if it’s related to the BSG issue.
Old 01-20-2024, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you, @NotAGarageQueen .

I stopped at yet another Chicagoland dealer this week (I believe the largest volume). I shared with the salesman and ordering manager that it's 'Exclusive or Nothing' for me on an order. I let them know
I will order ANY wagon platform--A4AR, A6AR, or RS6--with an AE allocation.

The ordering manager was great to outline that he should have an update for me by 1/25/2023. As soon as I have word, I will update this thread.
Old 01-20-2024, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bearrun21
Thank you, @NotAGarageQueen .

I stopped at yet another Chicagoland dealer this week (I believe the largest volume). I shared with the salesman and ordering manager that it's 'Exclusive or Nothing' for me on an order. I let them know
I will order ANY wagon platform--A4AR, A6AR, or RS6--with an AE allocation.

The ordering manager was great to outline that he should have an update for me by 1/25/2023. As soon as I have word, I will update this thread.
Best of luck Bearrun21! Looking forward to your update.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NotAGarageQueen
Best of luck Bearrun21! Looking forward to your update.
Sad (but true) update. AE is CLOSED for all 2024 models. Supposedly it's a 'sure thing' that AE will be available immediately upon the release of the 2025 order guide.

While the most recent dealer I visited suggested doing a wrap, I'm not interested in that route. For now, I'm on the sidelines and pondering what to do. (And I'm unbelievably fortunate that this is 'my big problem'.)
Old 02-04-2024, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Confirmed on another Audi forum that the notice from Porsche (below) is the reason the Audi stop-sale is in effect.
Note that the dates closely coincide with the updates from Audi previously posted.
Attached Thumbnails Ordering suspended 1/4/24 for RS6, A6, S6 and others-img_5876.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Ordering suspended 1/4/24 for RS6, A6, S6 and others