RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

Best way to launch my RS6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Best way to launch my RS6?

I have only had the car a couple days now and have found so many mods on the car I figure its also chipped but I dont know how chipped and if the TCU was done as well. I have done a few rollons and have been impressed but tonight with a C6 ZO6 reving at me I shut off the ESP, stood firm on the brakes (has the Alcon 6 piston 14.5" setup) and got it to 2000 rpm right as the light turned green and then I just let off the brakes. The car launched HARD. It slamed me flat into the seat and instantly put 3 cars on the Vette and then he started to catch up but we got to the next light. Dude had a big smile and thumbs up for me.
There was no shudder or bad noises but I dont want to hurt the car. I have never had anything accelerate like that. It was so much fun I want to do it some more but figured I would check with the gurus first to make sure thats not too hard on the trans.
I did have to break hard for the next light and about 8 minutes latter after turning around the car made a very bad whack sound from the front and I feared I broke a CV or something. I pulled over to check it out and it seems that the Alcons dont like to have under 50% meat on the pads and the pads lip was starting to cut into the hat or he rotors. The sound did stop right away but before I launch again I need to replace the pads all the way around. At least Hawk ceramics for the Alcons and Bosch Ceramics for the stock rear were a good deal at $230 for the whole set.
I just dont want to risk hurting those $1300 rotors. LOL
Old 09-06-2015, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LaserSVT
I just dont want to risk hurting those $1300 rotors. LOL
Screw the rotors. I'd be more concerned about hurting the transmission.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, was done twice and no more launching like that. It sounded brutal and I love this car and plan to have it for a long time. Now I just roll on the throttle. Car does not take off like its trying to rip in half and its still mighty quick.

Cars letting me know its ready for some love anyway.The car has been showing me things that need attention. After the last fill up (I always stop on the first click off) I had noticed a few faint whiffs of fuel. Never saw a puddle until today. Was almost 12" around and its fuel, Put it in the air and can see its coming from the top of the tank. Gonna have to check that out tomorrow and remove the back seat. I also see that the tail shaft of the trans has started to leak (explains the minor burning oil smell) so looks like something else I get to handle next week sometime. Its small enough not to leak on the ground but I still dont like it so will be fixed. Looks like an easy enough job.

I just hope the fuel leak is a cracked hose or fuel hat seal. Dont really want to remove the rear end to drop the tank.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try to be carefully with the transmission!
Old 07-22-2022, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did you just respond to a 7 year old dead thread? LMFAO!