RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

Didn't Repair Correctly

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Didn't Repair Correctly

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/48649.phtml">Talk about your DRC Deja Vu</a></li></ul>
Old 04-25-2007, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dorky Reminiscing iCon.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:19 PM

Damn Radar Comment
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 PM

Discouraging Repeated Complaint
Old 04-26-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Rant: I have to say something here...

I was thinking about posting this thought yesterday, but decided against it. So, here this thread pops up and here goes the thought.

My enjoyment of riding the beast revolves on two principles: 1) enormous power delivery, and 2) a drop-dead looking car.

Beyond that, I'm completely embarrassed by this car that I'm locked into for the next two years. The rubber coating on some interior parts has peeled and no one at two dealerships can find something wrong with my suspension. I do however really like the tech at my new dealership, so I'm hoping he'll eventually hit the nail.

My car sounds like a piece of **** from the cockpit. Hell, I'm not even sure it's DRC vs. something else like control arms, but the clunking and jarring has completely sapped my enjoyment. Over every little bump in the road, it sounds like something loose gets banged up against the underbody. It is hardly confidence inspiring, because I'm afraid something is going to come loose during a spirited drive in twisties.

And, like this guy, when the tech drove with me, he heard it, but stopped at the cracked bushings. But, the fix didn't work.

Seriously, I have been in a Hyundai that drives smoother than this RS6. I'm so pissed off. In another year, I may just take a hit on the lease and ditch it.

As everyone else, I'm completely torn, because I'd love to keep and mod this car long term. But, not if it rides like a $10k car.

Ok, rant over. Any suggestions welcome.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:38 AM

Default That rubber coating is a joke, I've learned to just live w/ the peeling. Regarding the suspension..

I just think people have to jettison this POS DRC. Is it fair that we have to pay out of pocket to "permanently fix" a warranted item? HELL NO, but I've learned to live with that reality also.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:54 AM

Couldnt' agree more ICON.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default As to your clunking/rattle, you might want to check this...

... as it caused pretty much exactly that symptom on my RS6:

Go to the driver's side of the trunk and open the access door on the side panel (leading to where the jack and stuff is). As you look at the opening once that access door's removed, at the top righthand side, you should see a bolt head, kind of behind stuff a bit (sorry, I'm doing this from memory). That bolt head is holding in place the little horn that beeps when you lock the car, but you can't really see the horn. Reach up behind the bolt and see if you can shake horn and bolt resulting in a really ****ty "clanking" noise. If so, you may have found your problem. Dealer should fix with locktite application to the bolt.

Good luck.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Expert

"******* Radar" Conspiracy!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Stop whinng. I always thought paying too much for **** was just part of your whole persona anyway.

Quick Reply: Didn't Repair Correctly