RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

Let the pissing contest begin.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Let the pissing contest begin.....

So my car has been in the shop for almost 2 weeks now because it won't start. I get a call from my local dealer on Tuesday telling me my car needs a new engine costing 18K or something and it's not under warranty because the new tranny that was put in before I bought the car was non factory(voids warranty). So turns out that part isn't true an napleton audi did in fact put an audi factory tranny in so I'm thinking all is good. Now the current evidence is showing that napleton cracked the tranny during install(supposedly didn't know) CPO'd the car and sold it to me. The service manager at the local dealer also said that if the install was done by the book that it should have been caught. Now basically my local dealer is wanting napleton to pay for the repairs because it was faulty craftmanship and not a tranny failure. So I'm told my fixes are some sort of welding jog where I guess they weld the crack or a new part fix which will cost 17K. Obviously I'm only going to go for the new parts because I didn't buy a welded tranny RS6 that was CPO'd! This is all my local dealers take on the situation and they seem 100% sure this is what happened. I have no story from napleton because they haven't gotten back to my local dealer or myself about anything. So if and when I do hear something from napleton I'll be more than happy to post what they think is up. Meanwhile I'm stuck in the middle without a car! I've contacted AoA and they are rolling with things so hopefully this will come to an end in within the next year...LOL. Gotta love Audi!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow I'm sure there is some shady stuff happening in there somewhere and if its true I'm sure AOA ...

will be cracking down on someone. Well good luck.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:04 AM

Default I call BULLS#@T! I can't even see how this happens. I know the complete story from talking with...

you and I've got to say that it's a disgrace. Someone better make good on that car. Now you are making huge payments on a car you don't have and won't have for a long time. Even worse, they will probably try to put you in a WTF Hoopty if you're lucky, rather than an Audi loaner. Stick it out. You should at least be driving an A4, while they fix that crap.

Meanwhile, you're getting the runaround. Not cool. Hopefully, AOA can sort it out for you.
I'm sure Tim will get personally involved to help you clear this up ASAP, because while he obviously didn't change the tranny, he's the person who sold you the car and the face of Napleton on the AW forum. That's bad for business. Aside from that, he knows that customer service is what counts most in a situation like this. He'll come through for you.

The worst thing that could happen is that neither dealer will pick up the $18k loss and just stonewall you until AOA lowers the boom. Bottom line is that you should be protected, because it's CPO. It's just how much crap and delay you're going to deal with before it's done.

On the brightside, when it is all done, you will essentially have a brand new RS6! Maybe not good to the purists, but I'd take it.

Good luck. And, post your stuff. People need to read this.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I haven't had a loaner for 2 weeks......that's excellent customer service on Audi's part!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:28 AM
Fear the Miata!

Default interesting......if it's cpo you should be covered....and then the next person will essentially have

a new car since you're getting rid of it.....although i wouldn't touch that car with a ten foot pole....
Old 06-15-2006, 04:30 AM
Former Vendor

Default On that note its the dealers fault that's crap, AOA from what I understand don't have a say in loane

loaners it the dealer principal's option. But 2 weeks they should be giving you at least a rental on their dime.

I would probably be going crazy now!!!!!

At least get some payments out of this...or get them to buy it back, Napleton that is, I'm sure you can push legal matters into this....

From what I understand is that you can't CPO a car unless it meets all of Audi's points. If this is the case then this car should have never been CPOd till it was repaired correctly.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yep...I got a POS lemon! I had decided on keeping it because....

it was going to cost me too much to get out. Plus folks are trying to charge me way too much for an S4. I was all set to buy a 19" wheel and tires package until this happened!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default That's what I've told AoA either they can buy the f-er back because....

I bought a CPO'd car and apparently it wasn't or they can do the 17K fix. Either way this car is gone once it's out of the shop!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:39 AM
Former Vendor

that sucks because its a great car when they are working....will you stay with Audi?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:44 AM
Fear the Miata!

Default not sure if you got a "lemon"....but the car had some issues and that just suxs.......

i'm sure that tim and his dealership and the place where you have the car now will make this right....but i'd call them and get an effing loaner.........to start......i love the rs6's and have an an opportunity to drive one on more than one occassion.....they're not for me...the maintenance costs are too high.....and to be honest......aside from the increased hp, my a6 4.2 rides the same.....8^)

Quick Reply: Let the pissing contest begin.....