RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

My turn: dealer overfilled oil at 5k service...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My turn: dealer overfilled oil at 5k service...(long)

Before the service I discussed with the rep the issue of overfilling with oil - I asked him to have the service tech double-check the dip stick before finishing the service (which included my second dead On-Star battery). When I picked the car up (fortunately during service hours), I checked the dip-stick myself and found the level to be about a third of the way up the top orange plastic tab. I went inside to discuss it with the service rep - he said as the engine had been running, the oil didn't have time to settle before I read the stick. So I made him come outside and look at it for himself - he then summoned the service tech, who went on to tell me that the dip-stick is just a rough guide for the oil level (WHAT?!!), and what was most important was that he had used the specfified number of quarts. When I hit him with the news that the synthetic oil containers are liters, not quarts, he started to back away from his position, took the car into the service area, and re-delivered it to me with the oil level where it should be (according to the dip-stick). He also claimed not to know anything about the issue with the dead back-up batteries on the On-Star, nor did AoA, according to him. Are these people for real? Why won't AoA let us take our cars to the corner service station where someone might actually have an interest in what they are doing with our cars?
Old 10-02-2004, 07:03 PM
UrQ

Default How many did liters did the dealer use ? I just completed the 5K service and level was perfect but

I talked to service manager prior to service and had him call Audi to get an update on oil level
Old 10-02-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: My turn: dealer overfilled oil at 5k service...(long)

I feel your pain. I find the way that certain specific looser dealer service handles our RS6 cars totally appalling. I have a feeling that since they are so rare a car, over time, the service techs will know less an less about how to handle the RS6, especially during the more complex B services like spark plugs and cleaning the turbo hoses and replacing the belts. On my next service I will demand the proper expertise and if they do anything wrong, they will have to correct it at their expense, if they scratch anything on my car, like the carbon engine covers or the seat leather, I will demand brand new replacement parts for their lack of care/attention/expertise. If we don't take care of these rare and soon to be classic cars, then who will?

Don't back down, they get paid a pretty penny for the crap work that they do. We have to demand great work for our great cars!
Old 10-02-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Mine was overfilled, too, on 8/11...I complained a couple of weeks later...still waiting for AOA

to reply.

The answer to your question apparently is no, these people are not real. They are from someplace so disorganized that it's unreal. Didn't used to be that way.

I think maybe Audi developed more high-tech products in a short time than its service network can handle, but that's just a guess. I still love the product but I am losing faith in the company.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You mean like this?

<ul><li><a href="http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/66235/rs6_oil_overfill.jpg">http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/66235/rs6_oil_overfill.jpg</a</li></ul>
Old 10-03-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Yeah, that's where mine is at least, when I checked it just now...

...after a cold night and before starting the engine. Mine is at the top of the top orange bump even tho my 25K oil change occurred 3200 miles ago.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I'm coming due for the 15k service,

I have changed the oil myself twice following the info the owners manual and good sense about checking the oil level.

If the car is on level ground and cool, the dip stick measure IS THE GOLD STANDARD for the oil level. PERIOD. Any Tech who said otherwise is a dumb *** and should be servicing lawn mowers.

Now about that turbo cleaning BS. someone on this board MUST have access to the complete service books and could make the details known to all of us. I doubt changing plugs and belts is a must-have-audi-do-it job, as far as the turbo tubes is concerned, cleaning those must not be too difficult.

To add more to this, I doubt that if the cleaning of the turbo tubes is very difficult that they actually DO IT!

Remember, the Tech's and AoA reps like other car tech's and reps NEVER, EVER, EVER listen to the customer, AFTER THE SALE.

Mike
Old 10-04-2004, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I re-called your post - mine was not as high as that, but none-the-less disconcerting
Old 10-04-2004, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Good thing I only drove about 2 miles like that.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Call Your Audi Advocate

I had great response from my Audi Advocate about tire wear issue and alignment check. Very, very responsive. In fact she just called again last week to follow-up in general on my RS6. You can email them at: audiadvocate@audi.com

They usually call back within a few days.

Quick Reply: My turn: dealer overfilled oil at 5k service...(long)