RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

NAV++++

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV++++

Info on the NAV+ in europe...

"Behind the flat screen, which folds away electro-mechanically, there is the DVD drive and two additional memoorised memory card readers (MMC or SD format) with MP3 compatibility. Having these located directly at the system makes it easier and quicker to change from one data and music source to aanother."

This is clearly not the CD based NAV+ people are buying. What chance RS6 and other A6 owners can buy the new DVD NAV+ in the USA, or in europe, and retro-fit it? If there is such a chance, better to wait and do it than try to do the current NAV+ hack?
Old 05-14-2004, 01:54 AM
Rest In Peace

Default It appears to be the same physical layout as CD Nav+

It's just been released recently on the A3 and A4, and word is it will be included in the RS 6+ as well, which means it must be possible to fit it into the same slot as the CD Nav+ unit (I can't see them retooling the line for 999 RS 6+s and whatever A6 Avants they sell before the C6 Avant arrives).
Old 05-14-2004, 12:52 PM

Default ok so where/how do we get it?

Since FAQs exist already on how (after installing from ebay.de a NAV+ unit) to mix NAV+ (CD) data programs from europe with NAV (CD) data *files* from USA, is it the issue that this new NAV++ with DVD will be a difficult challenge to localize on the disc side of things?

ie: the same brave guys will have to reverse engineer and burn DVDs? Except they won't, because they are already ok with their old CD NAV+ systems?
Old 05-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Rest In Peace

Default I don't know where you'd get one from - ebay I guess like CD Nav+

And as far as CDs go, as far as I know the DVD Nav+ is very similar to MMI's navigation feature, but doesn't integrate with the car setup like MMI does in the A8 and new A6. As the existing A8 nav DVDs are produced by Navteq, it may well be that they will work in the DVD Nav+