RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

New N75 = New Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New N75 = New Car

Totally fed up with my car's inconsistent power delivery, I checked it into the dealer for a two week stay. It was actually dangerous to attempt to pass anyone, especially on a two-lane, because you never knew if the thing was going to get up and go, or wheeze along like a Yugo in top gear. Of course, the result was no problem found.

The service manager even took the car home one night and thought it was "fine." So now I'm really irritated and decide to have them change the N75 valve at my expense. I've read on this forum and others what it does and what happens when it stops working correctly and I was pretty sure it was causing my problems.

Well, thank you guys for the 411 because the problem is indeed gone. For the first time in months I actually believe this car is faster than a Mustang GT (or a Civic, for that matter). Now, when I hit the gas the tranny kicks down, the front end lifts a bit and it just GOES. Every time. It sounds different and it acts different. Off the line boost is almost immediate, where before it didn't kick in for several long seconds... if at all.

So thanks again. I cannot imagine owning this car without this community to turn to for advice and support ('cause Lord knows most of these RS dealers seem pretty clueless).

Oh, it turned out the valve had a cracked nipple. No codes were thrown.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:59 PM

Glad you found the problem! Care to share the cost?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

still under warranty?
Old 07-24-2007, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Have you had a USA DRC repair? Front end should not 'lift up" at all!

Thats why its there. Car should remain flat. No dive or squat.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default My service mgr told me there was no N75 valve - pretty sad stuff.

He asked one of the techs to confirm, and he agreed. What a joke!

My occasional lost of boost hasn't happened for a few months, but if it returns I'll swap out the N75 also. I'm out of warranty, but will ask for it to be done for free, 'cause if it's not there, it shouldn't cost much to replace it!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:01 PM

Default It's great when your hunches pay off! I'm sure it's nice to have

the power back that you paid for.

I'll have to have my dealer check mine out too since I've got some of the symptoms you described. Very inconsistent power - sometimes a bullet, other times a slug. Not yet Yugo territory, but quite noticeable when the power's not all there.

Thanks for the writeup!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default N75 did it for me

I was having no boost problems and the dealer replaced the N75. Really, a new car afterward. They did not diagnose it the first time, however.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:36 AM

$120 for the valve, $110 for labor.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:37 AM

For 1,000 more miles, then it's CPO.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Have you had a USA DRC repair? Front end should not 'lift up" at all!

My DRC isn't right, but I've given up on trying to get it fixed. All together it's been in the shop for over 6 weeks for DRC repairs, everything has been replaced (most things multiple times) and it still rattles on chilly mornings and jumps sideways on rough roads. The system is pressurized to spec, however. They confirmed that last week, so they say this is just how it's supposed to ride. Fortunately, 95% of my driving is on highways and smooth side roads, so I just turn up the radio and ignore it.

Quick Reply: New N75 = New Car