RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

RS6

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RS6

Hi All, I am new to this forum.I am thinking about buying a RS6 with 8000 miles for 63,000.It seems high to me specially with out extended warranty but its private party and he is not budging.Is this a good deal or should I find a car with 25 to 30 thousand miles and spend less.Thanks for the advice
Old 11-07-2006, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warranty's a HUGE deal. Factory warranty on that car will expire sometime next year...

...which means unless you're a fool, you'll be spending another $1500-2500 on an aftermarket warranty. Add that to his selling price, and you would DEFINITELY be paying too much.

There are excellent-condition 20-25,000 mile cars with Audi certified warranty protection out two more years (after original four-year factory warranty expires) and up to 100,000 miles going for $57-59,000. Were I the one buying, that's the direction I'd take.

Either way, expect another $10,000 loss of residual value after holding the car for a year. Just the way it works.

YMMV
Old 11-07-2006, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wood, I agree with No.Radar. Way too much $ for non-CPO...

No.Radar's estimates are on target and I bet you could even get a lower mileage RS6 for those prices if you are patient.

If you want a really good deal, MARKNMTT's car is up for grabs. Higher mileage, but really unique and a beauty that is CPOd.

Ping him with an email if interested.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: RS6

If there is any good deals on a mint RS6 I am very interested and please email me.Thanks and I will take your advice.I have not seen any RS6 s with such low miles as this one.I hope I find another.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default A little too much, esp w/o warranty, but while CPO's is good, it may be over-rated...

in many ways, a good service contract/warranty is better than CPO, esp if you have to pay for either. Ask for the coverage docs on CPO - you might be surprised.

So, if you can't get the guy to move, ask him to check out the local Audi dealer's warranty options. If he's a good customer of a local dealer, maybe he can get a deal, and then maybe you can get him to include it.

I do think that how the car was treated should be reflected in its value. Is it special?

ps - if this is the guy in AZ, he's a second owner who's had his car on the market for-ever. Remind him of all the cars that are on the market at this point - he had a better shot at selling at that price 6 months ago, before the onslaught of off-leases. Then again, some sellers will give up before selling for the going rate.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Fear the Miata!

very good suggestions here....take a few of them before you take the plunge....
Old 11-07-2006, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Don't worry. Be patient.

He can't get anywhere near $63k for that car without an extended warranty. They're now going for mid thirties at auction (over 40k miles).
If you want that car, have him check the Manheim auction results from last month. Too many cars are coming off lease right now and its a total buyers market. He'll have to deal if he's serious about selling.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default MARKNMTT's car is one of the best deals out there.

It is unique and well cared for.
As others have stated, the new CPO deals are not that good and are no longer transferable.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well mine is fine...think about it though...8K on a 2003...I am glad I have a car that did not sit

in a garage and had 27K on it just over a year ago when I bought mine. What the heck is possibly wrong with it...you need a CPO car period. An RS that never moved...no way...there is too many things in these cars that need to be exercised to be worked out...transmissions and DRC...I would not touch an RS at this point that has not had more miles on it or not CPO...Buy Dave's...as his has also been worked through issues, but mine for 12K less...the bugs are gone, the car is strong. Buy a CPO car with at least half the normal mileage for a 2003 car...so double the 8K min. 8K...who knows what will happen. No real offense to the post above but an RS should not go anywhere near wholesale prices at auction...put an RS on a lot at upper 30s or low 40s... no way an RS will go that low to an actual buyer. I am annoyed at posting auction prices at this point as retail still does not suggest prices that low nationwide retail...What are actual sales...lowest I know of is 49K...when I bought mine...well wholesale was 10K less too, I didn't pay that retail. Whatever. So I am going to buy my next car (if I sell mine) around 35K retail but appearently I should now buy another or my own RS for somehow near its auction price...so an Audi Cabrio 2004 is the same as my RS...Nope...less than 63 for that car yes...CPO'd well its not far off the mark...plenty of RS cars in the mid 50s. Tim will post his two again soon.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

He's dead on...thats what his RS is going for now at a dealer...CPO'd.

Quick Reply: RS6