RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

RS6 vs E55...discuss...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So for the sake of argument, why not a chipped 2.7T?

or even a 4.2
Old 08-30-2004, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It has everything the MB has, it's just not as "plush". Know what I mean?

It's got NAV, it's got CD/Sat Radio/On Star, it's got every sophisticated airbag crash deployment feature, it has sophisticated electronics, but the MB's are just more plush, or soft I guess. Getting back to that softness that MB exudes versus the hard edged sportiness of the RS6.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:36 PM

Default hehe.. don't worry.. I'm staying faithful to the four rings...my choices now are

B6 S4 Avant and Rs6. =)))) Leaning towards the avant though.. it would really come in handy this winter. =)
Old 08-30-2004, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default it isn't about any of those things....only an RS6 owner

really knows the pure joy that this car brings to you when you get in....you can drive fast in a lot of cars. Maybe the car is over priced....but it is so VERY different from the other great Audi's out there...To be very honest I have never had the space to really take it all the way to the floor with the trottle...it gets there pretty fast..I am never showing off in this car...this car is for mine and my husband's enjoyment. A test drive at a dealer isn't a true test...owning one is. Not bragging....just is.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

that is good grasshopper!
Old 08-30-2004, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

if people don't like the harder ride, which I do love...they can get an A8L
Old 08-30-2004, 03:18 PM

one word::troll
Old 08-30-2004, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

e55 is a fast toilette ill take the one i can ride to the mountain in thank you
Old 08-30-2004, 04:36 PM

Default Re: So for the sake of argument, why not a chipped 2.7T?

That may be a good choice, considering the bang for the buck you'll get. Just keep in mind that there could be warranty problems if something goes wrong. Dealers have been known to blame problems on a chip when it wasn't the chip's fault. This actually happened to me, altho I challenged it and won.

Re the E55 -- I chose my RS6 because of AWD but would note that the Benz has a couple of luxury features not found on the Audi. One is 4-way climate control; the other is its adjustable suspension.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Owned both...currently have E55, here's my take

As crazy as this may sound, it almost feels like apples and oranges. The power, HANDS DOWN goes to E55 without a question. The RS6 felt like it had more "finese" (spelling?) than the E55. In terms of handling, the RS6 is the clear winner if you live in the mountains, or where there are majority of curvy and windy roads. I live in the DC area and most of my commutes are on the Beltway (4 lanes) and mostly 2 to 3 lane roads that are for the most part staight as an arrow. So with that being said, I didn't need a pure handling machine (would have bought an S2000 if I wanted that). Luxury, to me it's really a toss up. The Audi has really "soothing" red lights and ergonomically is very well made for the driver. Little things here and there I felt was cheezy, like the retarded 2 inch screen NAV (not much of a NAV) and fan controls being so low that you almost have to reach too far down. My RS6 was chipped with Exhaust and yet it still didn't feel like it had anywhere near the 450HP (500HP or so modded) it was suppose to have. Initially I thought it was deceivingly fast but I learned that it was fairly average compared to the other Germans, ie M3, W210 E55, and M5 (M5 is faster top end IMO).

I eventually gave up the RS6 because the styling was too "dated" for me and fell in love with the MB W211 body. The E55 I drive now, does handle like crap compared to the RS6, braking is about the same, despite what most will tell you, they're equally as good. Style really is in the eye of the beholder. RS6 is roomier in the back for sure.

If you want RAW power get the E55, if you want to toss your car around, get the RS6.

In any case good luck with your choice...keep in mind the new body is out and its interior is beautiful, don't know when they're making a RS6 version.

Quick Reply: RS6 vs E55...discuss...