RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

what about an S6 as a replacement to our RS6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RS 4 doesn't do too well on the track.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The B7 RS 4 doesn't do too well on the track? Fat chance, I am afraid.

The B7 RS 4 does superbly on the track in all aspects of performance, including acceleration.

The C5 RS 6 does better than the B7 RS 4 on the track in straight line acceleration only.

However, the B7 RS 4 rapes the snot out of the C5 RS 6 on the track in every other aspect of performance and gets better, if still embarrassingly, though certainly not mortifyingly, horrible fuel economy than the C5 RS 6, whose fuel economy is also embarrassingly, though certainly not mortifyingly, horrible.

Quite frankly, the C6 S6 outperforms the C5 RS 6 at the track in all aspects of performance other than acceleration, where the C5 RS 6 marginally outperforms the C6 S6. Other than acceleration (where the C5 RS 6 rapes the snot out of a regular C6 A6), the C5 RS 6 barely outperforms the regular C6 A6 at the track.

Of course, if you overlook acceleration, you would have to be a gargantuan imbecile to put the C5 A6 and C5 S6 against any version of the C6 A6, especially against the C6 S6 and, most of all, the C6 RS 6 at the track. All of the Audis mentioned in here, again, get embarrassingly, though certainly not mortifyingly, horrible gas mileage when equipped with petroleum engines, though the C6 RS 6's fuel economy will most likely, if not definitely, border on being mortifyingly horrible.

All of the automotive professionals worldwide that test vehicles on a track (including the BMW loving, Audi hating pigs at the UK automotive press as well as the BMW loving, Audi hating pigs at Automobile magazine) have confirmed all of the above, making all of the above official.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A ton of people on this particular AudiWorld forum love their cars a great deal

That is how they "figure" that the C5 RS 6 is the same as or better on the track than the B7 RS 4 or any newer Audi that they dislike or hate, even if the C5 RS 6 truly is inferior on the track (at least if you overlook acceleration, where the C5 RS 6 is nearly, but, admittedly, not entirely-untouchable) to any newer Audis.

Very often, extensive or excessive bias toward one thing and extensive or excessive bias toward another thing messes with people heads (with the UK automotive press being the most accurate example of this, unfortunately ).
Old 04-17-2008, 05:18 PM

<< Yes, I laughed out loud >>
Old 04-18-2008, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default <me too> what drugs is he on, NO A6 handles better than an RS6 and the C6 S6 is no match

either. The suspension is considerably softer, certainly in the A6. 420hp in the S6 does not pull like the RS6 and handling (having driven an S6 today actually) from my seat of the pants anyway is much flatter/tighter in the RS6. I have driven all the above and you are nuts. By the way i get mortifying gas mileage. Not a case of me loving my car and blinded by that either. I would lap a C6 A6 on the track.

Mentioning another new Audi the S5 did impress me following it on the track...handled very well in the turns certainly better than my car watching it from behind and i could barely catch it in the straight so that car I think is very well done.

I have watched plenty of videos of RS4s dueling with Rs6s with professional drivers...there is not a significant difference in a pros hands.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:31 PM

Yeah, you get 'em bench racer!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default : P I agree with your last few statements at least. My last comment is that for the first 4 months

I owned my RS6 it was in the shop for 3 months straight of it and i had a C6 A6 loaner. Not at all does it handle in any aspect better at any speed than my car period, regardless of what you have read. You misread my post judging by your opening. I do not think any C5 is better than a C6 except the C5 RS6 for performance (over just the A6 C6, and in my opinion which doesn't count, of the 420hp C6 S6) just to be clear.

I am now going to go check my last cat scan of my head...i actually have one from recently waist up.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

damn, i just wrote a response to the post that was here.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:56 PM

I couldn't even finish it; boring, incoherent bench racing drivel (again).
Old 04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Get it! . . .

Get it, go to mike z at unitronic and chip it, and put an exhaust on it. Will give you the speed of your RS6 with the fun of normally aspirated always on power, plus newer technologies an creature comforts, and of course, those cool LEDs!

Quick Reply: what about an S6 as a replacement to our RS6?