RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

what about an S6 as a replacement to our RS6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S8, uggg...have you ever driven one?

I owned an S8 and took it back the same day I picked it up and got an S6. It's not a question of money, it's a question of your passion. If you're a sporting driver, the S6 may seem similar to the S8 on paper, but in real use is MUCH sportier. The gear ratios, tranny, suspension, handling, Exhaust note, everything about it is sportier.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well, he's wrong about one thing....

straight out the RS4 is faster than the RS6, not by a lot....1/4 mile stock is 12.8 and some 0-60 at 4.2, the slowest test I've seen is at 4.6. Fastest time for the 1/4 I could find on the RS6 anywhere STOCK was 13.5 and a 0-60 of 4.6.. chip it, though, and step back... easy to get to Mid 12s..

That said, both cars are heavy on the track, but, for an AWD 4 door sedan, the RS4 does VERY well...and for a pig of a car, meaning over 4k so does the RS6...yet it can't compete with the M5 at the same price. In my opinions, like many turbos, they feel faster than NA engines even when they are not..

the fastest RS4 on the ring with R tires was a 7:58
without R compounds is an 8:09

8:09 is faster than the M6, the M5, STI, EVO, a C6 vette, the SLK55 AMG, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, and Cayman S, and certainly the RS6 whose fastest time was 8:20. Still very impressive for the heavy car it is, and when it was launched, a phenom car...also, chip and exhaust and look out, it is a beast.....but just look at the problems with the car....the RS4 has proven to be a very dependable car...Put stasis on the car, and then it is a completely different car...I wonder what the European suspension of the car is like...

I really wanted the RS6 a my daily, but with only used models out there, it seemed as if every owner was freaking out when they hit 50k miles, that I avoided it..

For 100k, currently, nothing comes close the the M5 for a sedan...Sit in the M5, then in the RS6...feels old....Stomp on the gas on the M5, and look the F out...It can hold its own against a gallardo straight out..

While the RS4 is not a "supercar" on the track, to call it a slow one is simply not true..The RS6 is not slow on a track either..for its weight..it is damn fast...

The S6 on the other hand...one of the most disappointing cars Audi has launched. Sounds great, looks OK, has a phenominal interior and handles well, but it is slow as hell for a V10 in today's age.......but, get in it and drive it, and it does drive well, just does not warrant the S badge, and why it is 20 grand cheaper than the RS6 was or a new M5..

I think you will find the same is true of the R8...great looking, handles like a mid engine, but will get taken/matched by the new M3 on the track...for a lot more than double the price...should have been launched with the V10..for the money, the 911TT or GT3

The S5 is a great car, but slower than your RS6 on a track....

Let's just hope the New RS6 or even the RS5 make it over here....