RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

21 - 23 RS7 Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 21 - 23 RS7 Purchase

After a bit of a hiatus from the Audi brand, I'm seriously considering getting back into one by purchasing a 21-23 RS7 (probably a 21-22 due to not wanting to spend more than 97k)
Just wondering if anyone has any feedback based on their ownership to consider. I would prefer to find one with the executive package & the 22" wheels, but not real familiar with all of the options.
After driving several S8's & S8 pluses over the years, I took a break from the brand due to the current models styling or lack there of! Now the RS7 is completely different, and in my opinion is absolutely beautiful. Completely different from your grandpa's S8, the RS7 is aggressive and sporty and everything that I used to love about Audi. I briefly owned a 21 RS5 Sportback, but I couldn't believe for 80k+ all of the plastic on the interior. Door panels, steering wheel, shifter, dash all plastic! I'm hoping the RS7 at least feels like you are in something special, and matches the exterior beauty?
For a little bit of context, since going away from Audi I've been driving a 22 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe & 21 Range Rover Sport SVR (please don't hate because of the BMW). I really like both vehicles, but have sold the BMW and would like to replace with another Audi. IMO it was truly a great vehicle to drive performance wise and the interior was extremely nice, but its still a BMW and had its downsides. I think I could literally look at it in the garage and see it depreciating. I'm on my 5th RR and I absolutely love them and again imo there is no better vehicle for midwest winters. Contrary to many owners experience I haven't experienced any problems other than the typical electrical gremlins, which usually corrects itself by just turning it off and back on. Plus there are few vehicles that can fit in no matter what environment it's in.
Sorry, I'm sure this is too much information! So basically I'm looking for the RS7 to be a great balance between performance and luxury. There's no doubt that the performance is amazing, but I also need it to provide a comfortable enough ride that my wife won't complain, and I'd also like it to feel luxurious enough where I don't feel like I wasted $100k. Hope that makes sense
Any input or suggestions that anyone has, I would really appreciate your comments & feedback based on your experience. Thank you in advance