RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

7 month wait for an RS7

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by motorguy61
I ordered mine last week of December for European delivery. Audi set me up for April 15th. Then I changed my mind and told my dealer to just get the car to USA ASAP. He called me back in amazement because Audi said my car would now be at the dealer by April 1st !Seems like the Euro delivery sped up the schedule for me.
What country was that in Europe? There are none in the UK yet. Crazy. Perhaps something to do with right hand drive cars. I guess I'll just have to wait.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchie_pm
Trouble is I'm a Brit in the UK. There's not a single RS7 in the country yet. Mad huh.
How about an RS6 Avant instead? Surely they have those around?
Old 01-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Germany
Old 01-19-2014, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What country was that in Europe? There are none in the UK yet. Crazy. Perhaps something to do with right hand drive cars. I guess I'll just have to wait.
I had one a couple of weeks ago. Audi UK kindly leant me one for 4 days. 109k for the spec I had - but still missing the heated steering wheel option.

It felt a less stable than the RS6 I had a few weeks ago, and actually a little slower, even though the brakes were of the ceramic variety.

The B&O (as I've always said) option is pants. I've had an S8 with it and they all distort when you ring someone and they have a low voice, it even distorts when you hear the ringing tone. There's no fix for that (my A8 has done that since new almost 4 years ago). Anyway, odd that they haven't resolved these kind of issues.

The wheels and the colour really looked good. It's actually the first 4.0 TFSI that I've missed after it's gone back. Odd really.

Here's a grab when I was messing around one afternoon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgrewp5gxspf9w6/VBOX0815.m4v

You never get tired of the popping and banging. Just be sure to use Tesco 99RON in the UK, the stench of unburnt fuel was sicking when I first had the RS6. The better go-go juice makes it pop and bang a bit more and I swear you get 20 or 30 more ponies too.

Incidentally, with my racelogic vbox lite, I managed the following 0-62mph times :

A6 - 4.80 (3.0 biturbo diesel saloon with less than 1000 miles on the clock)
A8 - 4.92 (dry 4.2 TDI MTM)
S8 - 3.92 (dry)
RS6 - 3.51 (definitely more than damp)
RS7 - 3.91 (damp)

I know it also depends on road surfaces etc. Just my own measurements.

In terms of fuel economy, all can do 6 mpg (UK) when pushed. The best I got (same journey, similar time of day):

A6 - 53.4 mpg
A8 - 44.8 mpg
S8 - 39.8 mpg
RS6 - 40.4 mpg
RS7 - 35.8 mpg

It's a pretty amazing set of cars, whichever you go for.

I haven't actually decided which one to go for, the S8 is the best value for money, but the RS7 turns heads for sure, but the RS6 handles the best. I had quite a few people staring when I drove it on the M1 to and from work.

Thanks to Audi UK for lending me it.

Jet
Attached Images      
Old 01-19-2014, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

and then there are already spy shots of the A6 and A7 PI (Product Improvement i.e midlife facelift) on the net, including with the matrix beam lights for non-North American markets (at least for now). If it follows the A8 schedule, that will be announced towards the end of 2014 .
Old 01-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jetinder
I had one a couple of weeks ago. Audi UK kindly leant me one for 4 days. 109k for the spec I had - but still missing the heated steering wheel option.

It felt a less stable than the RS6 I had a few weeks ago, and actually a little slower, even though the brakes were of the ceramic variety.

The B&O (as I've always said) option is pants. I've had an S8 with it and they all distort when you ring someone and they have a low voice, it even distorts when you hear the ringing tone. There's no fix for that (my A8 has done that since new almost 4 years ago). Anyway, odd that they haven't resolved these kind of issues.

The wheels and the colour really looked good. It's actually the first 4.0 TFSI that I've missed after it's gone back. Odd really.

You never get tired of the popping and banging. Just be sure to use Tesco 99RON in the UK, the stench of unburnt fuel was sicking when I first had the RS6. The better go-go juice makes it pop and bang a bit more and I swear you get 20 or 30 more ponies too.

Incidentally, with my racelogic vbox lite, I managed the following 0-62mph times :

A6 - 4.80 (3.0 biturbo diesel saloon with less than 1000 miles on the clock)
A8 - 4.92 (dry 4.2 TDI MTM)
S8 - 3.92 (dry)
RS6 - 3.51 (definitely more than damp)
RS7 - 3.91 (damp)

I know it also depends on road surfaces etc. Just my own measurements.

In terms of fuel economy, all can do 6 mpg (UK) when pushed. The best I got (same journey, similar time of day):

A6 - 53.4 mpg
A8 - 44.8 mpg
S8 - 39.8 mpg
RS6 - 40.4 mpg
RS7 - 35.8 mpg

It's a pretty amazing set of cars, whichever you go for.

I haven't actually decided which one to go for, the S8 is the best value for money, but the RS7 turns heads for sure, but the RS6 handles the best. I had quite a few people staring when I drove it on the M1 to and from work.

Thanks to Audi UK for lending me it.

Jet
Wow, thanks for the info mate. That was brilliant. Dropbox was a joy to watch.
Can't believe you have an RS7 with UK plates. Must be the only right hand drive model around.
There's certainly none for sale or privately owned in the UK at the moment. The dealer checked on the Audi order books, and there were three on order but not yet built.
I bet that seriously turned heads. It's a stunning looking car, and if looks matter, then I think the odd few gremlins fall by the way side.
How did you get to borrow that car? Do you work for Audi?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What is it about the 4.0TT interior videos that make the exhaust sound so staccato/flatulent? I suspect it has something to do with the active noise cancellation. In any case, I'm sure they sound much better in the flesh.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, thanks for the info mate. That was brilliant. Dropbox was a joy to watch.
Can't believe you have an RS7 with UK plates. Must be the only right hand drive model around.
There's certainly none for sale or privately owned in the UK at the moment. The dealer checked on the Audi order books, and there were three on order but not yet built.
I bet that seriously turned heads. It's a stunning looking car, and if looks matter, then I think the odd few gremlins fall by the way side.
How did you get to borrow that car? Do you work for Audi?
Nope, I'm just a bloke that works in an office. Audi UK just look after me. Both my wife and I love their cars (A4 Avant, Q7,A6,A8 D3 and finally an A8 D4). I think we are pretty loyal to the brand.

I've been told by the dealer that not many people will get to drive the car, only press and a select few. So I'm proud I had the chance.

btw, the rear lighter sockets thingie in the middle was busted, but apart from that, everything else was squeak free and rock solid.

jet
Old 01-20-2014, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
What is it about the 4.0TT interior videos that make the exhaust sound so staccato/flatulent? I suspect it has something to do with the active noise cancellation. In any case, I'm sure they sound much better in the flesh.
I played it through the MMI with and bass turned up ... hehehehe. It's like playing the R8 Plus video with no exhausts in the car... LOUD.

Makes my kids and I giggle all the time.

So addictive to do with the throttle.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nope, I'm just a bloke that works in an office. Audi UK just look after me. Both my wife and I love their cars (A4 Avant, Q7,A6,A8 D3 and finally an A8 D4). I think we are pretty loyal to the brand.

I've been told by the dealer that not many people will get to drive the car, only press and a select few. So I'm proud I had the chance.

btw, the rear lighter sockets thingie in the middle was busted, but apart from that, everything else was squeak free and rock solid.

jet
Haha, glad you enjoyed the car. I happened to see the very car you had in a press advert.
That car had the dynamic ride with steel spring suspension as opposed to the air. What was the ride comfort like? That say it's torturous.