RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Updated Order Guide - No Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:59 PM
DGG
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated Order Guide - No Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Just learned the U.S. version of the RS7 will have no flat bottom steering wheel as per the August Update to the Product information book. Link below:

http://www.datarunners.net/AUDI/docs...20A7%20PIB.pdf

The other significant change is the elimination of optional "Quattro" lettering in the front grill along with the housing in the U.S. It might look cleaner but Audi continues to water-down the U.S. spec RS7.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bummer, I liked the look of the "Quattro" lettering.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer claims i'll still get the "Quattro" script since i didn't get the front license plate holder. I'm skeptical. He provided me with this screen shot.
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS00021
My dealer claims i'll still get the "Quattro" script since i didn't get the front license plate holder. I'm skeptical. He provided me with this screen shot.
WOW< that's good news for RS7 guys

nice to have options
Old 09-19-2013, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LAME. Who will ever understand Audi of America... But lessor model S4/S5 and Q5s get it??? - sigh.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is my understanding that you lose the RS steering wheel with winter package with heated steering wheel,I really wanted to heated wheel but opted to pass on it to get the flat bottom wheel, I'll let you know in 6 weeks when my car arrives!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:49 AM
DGG
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dg144
It is my understanding that you lose the RS steering wheel with winter package with heated steering wheel,I really wanted to heated wheel but opted to pass on it to get the flat bottom wheel, I'll let you know in 6 weeks when my car arrives!
I just checked with my dealer after he confirmed with AoA. No flat bottom steering wheel in the US and no ability to order a flat bottom wheel through parts either. The US version is so diluted...no dynamic handling yet, no ceramic brakes yet, no flat wheel, no carbon optic yet, etc. I will make my final purchase decision after my car is delivered in a month and I drive it.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DGG
The US version is so diluted...
Yeah, it's like when I diluted an 80% solution of sulfuric acid down to 70%. I use that stuff as aftershave now.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DGG
I just checked with my dealer after he confirmed with AoA. No flat bottom steering wheel in the US and no ability to order a flat bottom wheel through parts either. The US version is so diluted...no dynamic handling yet, no ceramic brakes yet, no flat wheel, no carbon optic yet, etc. I will make my final purchase decision after my car is delivered in a month and I drive it.
I was gonna walk into Audi (here in Germany) and order the flat bottom steering wheel and have them put it on....with the multiple delays, it may never happen...
Old 12-09-2013, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The only disappointment...

I've got about 1,200 miles on my RS7 now. I have to say that the only disappointment is the steering wheel. Never mind that it doesn't look great, it doesn't feel right either. It's too big and way too thin. When you drive the RS7, adjectives like 'brawny' and 'substantial' immediately come to mind. The only adjective that can describe the steering wheel is 'scrawny'. What were they thinking?

I came across this post about a possible replacement from a site called Europrice. I'm not keen on the price, and am also concerned about airbag functionality. But I'll look into it more.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...heel-Solutions

muski

Quick Reply: Updated Order Guide - No Flat Bottom Steering Wheel