RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Updated Order Guide - No Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by muski
I came across this post about a possible replacement from a site called Europrice. I'm not keen on the price, and am also concerned about airbag functionality. But I'll look into it more.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...heel-Solutions
I've looked at the flat bottom wheel package from Europrice and, in addition to the high price, I believe you lose the adaptive cruise control's steering wheel vibration feature.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you notice much vibration from the Active Lane Assist? I don't think I can feel anything with the current steering wheel. I was wondering if it was even working properly on my car.

I drove SF<->LA this weekend to finally get my mileage over 1,000. I was constantly impressed by the car.

Thanks,
muski
Old 12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by muski
Do you notice much vibration from the Active Lane Assist? I don't think I can feel anything with the current steering wheel. I was wondering if it was even working properly on my car.

I drove SF<->LA this weekend to finally get my mileage over 1,000. I was constantly impressed by the car.

Thanks,
muski
muski, first make sure it's on....you'll find it in the Car/Car Systems/Driver's Assist menu.

Yes, I notice the vibration; it's subtle, but it's definitely there. on the highway, if you begin to leave your lane, without signaling, first it vibrates, then it gives a very slight tug (as if to nudge you back into your lane). I like it, but I only turn it on when I'm on the road travelling long distance (say 30 miles or more).
Old 12-11-2013, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 60614allroad
muski, first make sure it's on....you'll find it in the Car/Car Systems/Driver's Assist menu.

Yes, I notice the vibration; it's subtle, but it's definitely there. on the highway, if you begin to leave your lane, without signaling, first it vibrates, then it gives a very slight tug (as if to nudge you back into your lane). I like it, but I only turn it on when I'm on the road travelling long distance (say 30 miles or more).
Yes, I definitely have the vibration feature turned on in the Car settings. Although I have felt it tug the wheel to keep me in a lane, I've never really felt the vibration. Maybe it's very subtle. I don't think I'd miss it if I end up changing steering wheels...

I'm going to stop by the dealership and check out a flat-bottomed wheel on an S4.

muski