RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

12.56 @110mph on snow tires lol !

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Crappy iphone video here. All it shows is a sleeping Evo driver, and all you can hear is the noisy Evo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI-1D...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-01-2012, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes please do a write up! I would love to know ur tips!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice runs eleven's!

Your sig says your car is euro spec. Did you purchase your car abroad then import into the USA? Would like some advice if that is what you did. I currently live in Germany and would LOVE to bring my RS4 Avant back when we relocate back to the states.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ROCisIN
Nice runs eleven's!

Your sig says your car is euro spec. Did you purchase your car abroad then import into the USA? Would like some advice if that is what you did. I currently live in Germany and would LOVE to bring my RS4 Avant back when we relocate back to the states.
No, sorry if my siggy mislead you. It's only the suspension that's Euro spec in that it was never an option here in North America.

Now if you get an RS4 Avant into the states, you will have some VERY envious people, that's for sure! Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

I guy had one with the carbon brakes and APR Supercharger At the last Audi track event 2 weeks ago so it's certainly possible.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gibsonl
I guy had one with the carbon brakes and APR Supercharger At the last Audi track event 2 weeks ago so it's certainly possible.
Would like to know who he is and how he imported it. As far as I can tell. it's a lot of red tape and @ $10-15k.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
I was thinking about doing a writeup. I've done quite a bit of dragging in my day and some of the pointers might be a surprise.
you can start by explaining how you 'whooped' an EVO even though he was 2 full tenths quicker than your ET and 2 mph stronger than your trap lol.

RS4 = 12.5 @ 110.1
EVO = 12.3 @ 112.3

RT + ET only matters in bracket racing, series racing or tournament racing. You were at a test and tune. In March.

ET is all that matters. Your reaction time has zero to do with your ET, and that's why people generally don't give a **** what their reaction time is at a test and tune day. I often wait 2 seconds to let the other car get out of the way. I don't want someone going squirrelly and putting me into the wall.

Anyway, do you plan on any other mods to the car that would inspire you to go back and check your progress? Or are you pretty happy with the car as is?

Last edited by sakimano; 04-02-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

This ain't my first rodeo you know (maybe you don't). I honestly couldn't care less who's faster but what made it so interesting is that the Evo driver was so animated and visibly upset with getting beat. Obviously this sort of thing is very important to him. I have other things that matter far, far more in my life..
Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
This ain't my first rodeo you know (maybe you don't). I honestly couldn't care less but what made it so interesting is that the Evo driver was so animated and visibly upset with getting beat. Obviously this sort of thing is very important to him. I have other things that matter far, far more in my life..
yes, I saw your picture. Looks like you've been to more than one rodeo. I just thought it was odd to talk about beating a car even though he was faster, and you weren't racing since it's test and tune (thought everyone knew that).

Anyway, definitely lol'd at the EVO driver getting mad. He sounds funny (and about 21 years old).

are your downpipes stock? or piggied? Adding you to the list and need your exact setup.

GIAC 93...any intake spacers or LW parts (crank pulley, etc?) port and polish or flaps removed etc.?

oh, and what were the tire size on those? Checking the diameter vs. stock re: gearing gains.

Last edited by sakimano; 04-02-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Everything else is stock other than GIAC 93 and H-pipe. Stock cats, stock mufflers, stock air box and flap retained, no porting, and I put the flaps and vanes back in because it ran like **** without them when cold.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 12.56 @110mph on snow tires lol !