RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

12.56 @110mph on snow tires lol !

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just the snow screen a.k.a. the restriction removed.

interesting to look at your run vs. mine since I'm stock and ran in -400 DA just like you.

12.56 vs my 12.94 = 0.38 seconds

110.3 vs. my 107.3 = 3.0 mph

4025 lbs car for you vs. 4095 for me (I had much less gas in the tank, but I weigh 240, and have a sunroof)

60' 1.83 vs. 1.95 for me, so you're up a full tenth right away. Likely lots to do with you getting a better launch but also the GIAC tune removes the factory torque limit. While I was at 52% throttle before 5200 RPM, you were 100%. When I launched my car at 4000 rpms I sat still spinning the tires lol. Not sure how you pulled it off, but the snow tires likely helped. Maybe I'll throw mine on this Friday if I go.

Did you powershift at all? I didn't. Just shifted briskly.

So the 70 lbs is probably worth about 0.05 to 0.075 seconds. That leaves about 0.30 and 3.0 MPH that the GIAC tune and the h-pipe get you...as well as zero carbon buildup vs. 33,000 miles worth.

That's (3 tenths and 3mph) likely around 30 hp crank or about 23-24 wheel hp. Pretty cool. Just saved you $100 in dyno fees lol.

here you are. Isn't it sad that with a good driver, a tune and a crossover, you're quicker than a PES M90 supercharged RS4 with a good driver? And almost identical MPH. I think your timeslip is the final nail in the PES and VF Engineering M90 coffin.

Last edited by sakimano; 04-02-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That sounds like a pretty good summary. Of course I powershifted the hell out of it. It's the only way. One time I did a comparison (granny vs. powershifting), and the difference was astounding. I'm normally very consistent, once I'm dialed in. But I was amazed at what a difference powershifting made. I suppose if you think about it, not powershifting might result in something like 0.2 seconds out of 12 where power is completely OFF. Most aren't willing to powershift and that's fine too. But they're leaving ET on the table, exactly like carbon. Everyone has to understand that.

Someday if you "grow a pair" (or some such - I remember YOU giving ME grief for worrying about my clutch j/k), powershift your freshly carbon-cleaned car and I can almost guarantee you'll have the fastest N/A stock RS4. I'm almost tempted to return mine to stock just to take the crown, but frankly, I don't give a f***. I like my car just the way it is. My motorsports energy is all in racing motorcycles. This car stuff is just entertainment and daily-driven transportation.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Someday if you "grow a pair" (or some such - I remember YOU giving ME grief for worrying about my clutch j/k), powershift your freshly carbon-cleaned car and I can almost guarantee you'll have the fastest N/A stock RS4. I'm almost tempted to return mine to stock just to take the crown, but frankly, I don't give a f***. I like my car just the way it is. My motorsports energy is all in racing motorcycles. This car stuff is just entertainment and daily-driven transportation.
I have a pair...only one has dropped though.

I'll give it a shot this week maybe. Hopefully it's nice and cold and dense on friday.

What were you doing when you launched off 4000? Just dropping it? I'm surprised it didn't spin like crazy. Is the track a good one for prep? Ours doesn't do **** for a saturday test and tune. I get better traction in the staging lanes.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Saki I already know you can DRIVE the friggin' car so all that's in your way is carbon, granny shifting, and perfecting the launch. In that order. You have to FEEL the launch, I guess perhaps it's an acquired thing, I'm not sure. With my E39 M5, my stock time was legendary - perhaps I'm still the record holder, I don't know and don't really care. M5board.com would know. I dragged that car about 10 runs to get there. With that car it was all in the launch. With the RS4, it's all about carbon. Even the magazines with their pro drivers couldn't do **** because by the time they were broken in for racing, they were hopelessly carboned up.

Clean the carbon, drive it like you stole it, and you will be rewarded.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Banned

so what do you think the difference would be on my car if it was carbon cleaned? From 12.94 @ 107.3 to what?

You've seen my logs. I'm on 94 octane. This was in -500 DA I believe.

Last edited by sakimano; 04-03-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Elevens,

Are you running partial traction control (blinking light) or traction full off (solid light)? I'll be at a road course Fri and Sat and then screw around at the strip Sun. for sh*ts and giggles. I'll use all your tips and see what I come up with.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Saki, I believe the car can do 12.5xxx bone stock with a perfect launch and all the planets in alignment. Realistically though, I'll say 12.7xx at 109.

I think the car is capably of 1.75 60'. No joke.

Good luck man, I hope you pull it off.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Gibby - I run with traction control off and stability on. That's done with a quick poke of the "S" button. The light flashes.
Unload everything that isn't fastened down. Owners manuals, sunglasses, flashlights, etc. I even removed the trunk floor, the foam pieces, tire pump.. I left the seats and the rear seat in of course.

Don't run the car until your oil temp has cooled. My runs were around 195. Under 190 is even better.

Turn off ALL your powered stuff. Lights, DTRLs, HVAC, Radio/NAV - anything that uses power.

Stage your car as shallow as possible, and make certain that it's pointed perfectly straight, and hold that line like your life depended on it. Even the slightest wander will hurt ET. Once you're in motion and the suspension loads, STAND on the gas like you're trying to push it through the floorboard and don't let up on it until you've trapped.

Good luck, we're cheering for ya.

Last edited by ELEVENS; 04-03-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

This stage 4 clutch has a super shallow engagement so should be quick!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gibsonl
This stage 4 clutch has a super shallow engagement so should be quick!
uh oh

who installed it?

Quick Reply: 12.56 @110mph on snow tires lol !