RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

ALCON RELATED CLUTCH FAILURE BEWARE.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default right, but you (or one of your authorized shops) installed McGyver's Ohlin's, right?

don't you think the responsible thing would be to inform the customer that a potential rubbing issue exists? what if he and his entire family were in the car, blew a tire, and drove off a cliff? (god forbid). he does live in Pacifica, you know?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default dude...he's a troll and a bigot. wake up and smell the coffee.

geez, i have to do everything around here!

<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/89296.phtml">click</a>
Old 05-22-2008, 04:13 PM

Default You know something?...

With all the rah-rah mod nuts here, there needs to be counter opinions. Anyone in their right mind(and willing to be remotely honest) knows that while mods get you higher levels of performance, there are often issues...issues that the more hard core try and belittle or shrug off.

No one's stuff is perfect, not even OEM. But OEM takes into account the edges of the envelope, thru development. Tuners simply take the approach of "here, pop this on there, that'll get you what you want..." And their development work is often not up to snuff. They have neither the resources nor economies of scale to see development thru to its logical conclusion(s)...unlike the car mfgrs themselves, whose reputation and very existence depend on a good reliable product.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lowering a car doesnt make tires rub... wheel offset or tire width makes a tire rub.

Our suspension does not change the path of travel, nor do we increase travel. A tire thats too wide or a wheel with the wrong offset will rub on a car with OEM suspension (just less frequently as the static ride height is taller).

We did not sell him tires. Also - his tire wasnt rubbing on our suspension, it was rubbing on THE OEM suspension upright. We cannot be responsible for that.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you're right, and my motive is simply to (hopefully) encourage development of better products.

some people seem to think I have a beef with Stasis, but that simply isn't the case.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default who said anything about lowering?

the tires were already on the car when the suspension was installed...no? if not, then I retract my last post.

Default Oh, that's a pat AND lame excuse, Jason

I hear that so much it must be the universally accepted copout line used by all suspension houses.

The wrong tires or wheel offset can cause any car's tires to rub, whether lowered or not.

When you are lowering a car to absolute minimum accptable clearance(which Stasis does), then tire rubbing under certain conditions is unavoidable. Why not just admit it?
AudiWorld Super User

Exactly. You going to Mont Tremblant in late Sept?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default doesnt matter, you can drive our suspensions with a fully loaded vehicle

we still have bumpstops to limit travel to the same point the factory does.

Like I said before - if you start changing wheel/tire widths/offsets then you are going to have to take responsibility for your own actions if it rubs.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default i just had mine put in 2 days ago and i have to say i like it, i new it would chatter and be less

smooth going into all of this. in all honesty i was expecting MUCH worse. but i guess ill see how it feels in a few hundred miles

Quick Reply: ALCON RELATED CLUTCH FAILURE BEWARE.