RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

almost got myself into a little jam yesterday with the law...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who did Chrysler use though?

I remember seeing some Chargers and Cuda's on the dealer lots in '72 and '73 that were tricked out above and beyond normal....racing stripes, addtl body cladding. I was a young kid at the time. Drooling over the Cuda and Challenger(ever since the movie Vanishing Point) and thinking the Chargers were huge. Now there's a car that grew to grotesque proportions by 1973. They ruined it compared to the original.

I would have liked to see the Challenger smaller too. But again, it was never as small as the Mustang or Camaro, so I'm okay with it as it is now.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 PM

Default once upon a time...

everybody helpful, everybody conversing normally. Seems like ages ago...

Thanks for being a good guy here, this discussion too.

GL with your next project. It must be a blast to work on those old muscle car classics.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/378196.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/378196.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 08-12-2008, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hmmm, I know Mr. Norm's in Chicago sold some custom cars... [edit]

Other than that, no one I can think of. But Challengers in 1970, the AAR version and the 1971 R/T had some pretty bold stripeage. The Cuda, less so, but the 1970 did have the hockey puck stripe with the engine designation beneath it. [edit] And the 1971 Cuda had the billboard stripes. They were really bold graphics. [/edit]The Duster could be had with some pretty bold graphics right out of the factory. So, there were a few factory cars that were done up.

I just checked to make sure because I always thought the Cuda and Camaro were the same size.... 1970 Cuda = 189.7"long x 74.9"wide... 1969 Camaro = 189"long x 74"wide. The Challenger was about two inchs longer than the Cuda. But the new Challenger dwarfs them all.

Regarding your post above, yea, I like discussions where we can disagree and not get insulting. That's rare around here. I've seen you exercise a lot of patience with people and always try to find the common ground with folks, many times to no avail. Cheers to you, bud.

Hey, do you still have your S4?
Old 08-12-2008, 02:14 PM

Default I'll take your word for it

you're obviously more well versed than I am on the subject.

The Camaro did grow in size over time though. So did the Mustang. But your point about the size of the new Challenger is true...too big. Still, I'm just happy they actually went through with it and re-did the thing. It is what it is.

Well, I try and never be the first to insult someone directly. However, when it deteriorates to that point, I'll return the favor. And my overposting or pushing a point is really to get feedback, more viewpoints, more info, hash it out, see where someone is really coming from...what they know, what they like, and so on. Sometimes it works out okay, sometimes not. It does rub some people the wrong way though.

There are some good people here, yourself included. That thread I linked, it was striking to see the names there, and the positive interaction.

Take care...and, no, I don't still have the S4. I got a Subaru Legacy GT 'spec B' about a year ago. Seeing the current prices of 04-05 B6 S4's though, I'm looking again, but not serious at this point. The B6 will always be the one for me.