RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Anyone think Port&Polish Intake, throttle body, ecu remap, full exhaust, phenolic spacers and

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone think Port&Polish Intake, throttle body, ecu remap, full exhaust, phenolic spacers and

that new GMG Full Carbon Airbox can yield 500HP? Just a thought.

I was thinking:
Milltek Non Resononated/Milltek DP's 25HP
GMG Carbon Airbox 5HP
GMG Software Coming Soon 25HP
Port&Polish 25HP
Phenolic Spacers 12HP

512 HP??? Is this a reasonable thought?
Old 01-14-2008, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default no way...it would take an open exhaust and an ECU remap with a race gas program.

the RS4 that Champion built allegedly made 500hp, and it had a fully open exhaust (i.e. no cats), and was probably tuned to run on 100 or 104 octane (though that's just my guess).

the phenolics are a good idea though...
Old 01-14-2008, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default You often will not get additive effects from mods...

and you can likely at least kill the airbox off that mod as Champion felt the OEM box was good to 500hp and they have arguably some of the better facilities and capabilities to research that. I've never seen the actual gains posted from the Phenolic spacers. Jet and I tried them on another application and there wasnt a lot to be seen at all. If they really gave 12hp then everyone would be running them on each of the forums here. THey are 100 bucks and pretty damn easy to install yet you see barely a sole using them. JEt and I were grasping trying them out. Programming is probably good for some torque but not a lot of hp as your car is already pulling up to 8 or so degrees up top so adding timing up there is going to do what? I suppose they may lean it out a tad but 25hp up top id have to see to believe from a chip. Exhaust will get you something. PandP will be interesting to see. Lots of money for possibly very little pay off. Reminds me of the S4 guys that installed a couple grand worth of Schrick cams and saw zero gains. Worth a shot though as long as you have the money for research with no expectations. Neat idea though. May as well go all out. I wonder what Champion is using in their motor. WOuld be worth trying to find out.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i had spoken to Vast about the phenolic spacers and they said they are thinking about making them.

I had them on my 88' Mustang back in the day and i saw a good performance increase and figured it would probably yield the same results with the RS4.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I would also really love to atleast get 400whp out of this car.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

No way.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default thanks for the feedback guys.. Just a thought right now slowly trying to figure what will give me

best bang for the buck right now. I'll Probably Do an Exhaust, Short Shift Kit, Phenolic Spacers and maybe a chip if they can give me a dyno report.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Why don't you volunteer your car for a real upgrade from VAST. Like supercharger?

pair of turbos? I am sure they would take it if you sign a release Its going to take someone with enough gumption or stupidity to do that before a real power upgrade is developed.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Find a really happy dyno.

or get the MTM SC.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Often? I would say never.

The saddest hot rodder I've ever seen was a Mustang guy at a gas station all proud actually believing that his car was 600hp. After some quizing it turns out he was running a NA small block with the usual mods such as headers, mild cam, CAI, exhaust, etc. and proceeded to list each mod with the manufacturer's claimed HP adding them all up. Pretty funny because there's thousands of cars running around similar to his and they are 450hp tops, averaging around 400. Some people actually swallow advertising hook, line, and sinker.

Quick Reply: Anyone think Port&Polish Intake, throttle body, ecu remap, full exhaust, phenolic spacers and