RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth

I'm sure it's been discussed, hopefully someone can repost the thread. How can one add Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth connectivity to a 2007 RS4? Thanks
Old 06-26-2023, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,070 Likes on 744 Posts

Having owned a 2007 S4, I think that comes down to whether your RS4 has RNS-E or the basic Audi symphony. RNS-E already has Bluetooth handsfree and there are replacement units or upgrades to add CarPlay/AA. For example the one below came up with a quick Google search. This one requires RNS-E as far as I can see, so it's not a replacement unit. Also found the below thread on Audizine that gives a bit more info on what's available.

https://www.navinc.nl/20195672

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...nyone-try-this

If you have Audi Symphony as depicted below, then I'm pretty sure you have to find a OEM looking replacement unit. There are Android units out there as mentioned in the Audizine thread.

Old 06-26-2023, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for this information, I will review. I have an iphone hence my options are limited to Apple
Old 06-26-2023, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gstroe
Thank you for this information, I will review. I have an iphone hence my options are limited to Apple
Just to clarify, the aftermarket Android head units still support CarPlay. They just run Android as the OS on the head unit.
Old 07-09-2023, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Modern technology is wonderful when it works and frustrating when it does not and you have no clue why. There is no mention of bluetooth in the owners manual or the Audi Navigation System quick reference guide but RNS-E is printed on the front page. Went to the local Audi dealership, they check based on the VIN, I am told it does not have the bluetooth option. But then the advisor comes to the car, presses the Tel button and Setup and there it is, telephone setup, then telephone options and bluetooth. When I press the bluetooth it is asking me to enter a new 4 digit PIN, I enter 0000, nothing happens. My phone does not see anything to connect to. Tips ?
Old 07-09-2023, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

There's a separate owners manual for the RNS-E that should have come with your car. You just need to select Find Bluetooth devices in the BT settings. Make sure your phone is in pairing mode and select it when it appears in the list. Then when it asks for the PIN, enter any PIN you want, then the phone should ask you to enter the same PIN to complete the pairing. It's an older style of the BT pairing process where you enter a PIN, instead of the system generating a PIN.

Old 07-10-2023, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi superswiss, I understand what you are saying but the phone is not showing anything. I googled and found a few threads, it says you do the pairing from the phone not the car but if the phone does not show anything then you can't proceed. I have an iphone 11 and a 7, took them both inside the car, they see each other but don't find anything else.
Old 07-10-2023, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I assume that when I turn the ignition on the RNS-E enters automatically into pairing mode for 5 minutes and then turns itself off? I've turned bluetooth on and off on the iphone several times, I even turned the iphone off and on again, still no luck
Old 07-10-2023, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It's been a while since I went through this with my S4. Pretty sure I did the pairing from the car. However, the RNS-E has a limit of how many phones can be paired. If I remember correctly, it's 4. Once the limit is reached, you can no longer pair any new phone. I have a hunch there are still paired phones from the previous owners. Have you done a factory reset to clear out all the old data from the previous owners? That gets rid of any existing paired devices that are still hanging around. The factory reset can be found under the System settings.
Old 07-10-2023, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting, I will check

Quick Reply: Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth