RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Audi B7 RS4 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi B7 RS4 Supercharger

I am looking to supercharge my Rs4 but i don't want to pay for those pricey kits offered by APR, MTM, VF-e, PES etc. Im trying to build up a kit on my own. I found the supercharger, im going to use an Eaton M90 supercharger which runs 5-6 psi stock. Now i need to find an intake manifold... Should i buy one from one of those companies that have the kits made? Same with an intercooler. Any kind of help would be much appreciated!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoB7Rs4
I am looking to supercharge my Rs4 but i don't want to pay for those pricey kits offered by APR, MTM, VF-e, PES etc. Im trying to build up a kit on my own. I found the supercharger, im going to use an Eaton M90 supercharger which runs 5-6 psi stock. Now i need to find an intake manifold... Should i buy one from one of those companies that have the kits made? Same with an intercooler. Any kind of help would be much appreciated!
So there have been at least one report where a manifold was installed incorrectly and water leaked into the cylinder heads and destroyed the engine. I admire your effort but the reason the other guys are expensive is the research and engineering they have done to make a product. You also have to have a remapped ecu and know how to prevent going too lean or too rich.

IMHO this is too risky to do without lots of engineering experience.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
So there have been at least one report where a manifold was installed incorrectly and water leaked into the cylinder heads and destroyed the engine. I admire your effort but the reason the other guys are expensive is the research and engineering they have done to make a product. You also have to have a remapped ecu and know how to prevent going too lean or too rich.

IMHO this is too risky to do without lots of engineering experience.
Thanks for the heads up. Im more looking to put the kit together then actually do the installation myself. I would never trust myself with the install haha. Im just seeing if it is possible to build up a kit a little bit cheaper then those compaines. Obviously i will never jeopardize my engine, worst comes to worst ill just be digging deep into my wallet for the APR or VF kit! :S
Old 03-07-2011, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. Im more looking to put the kit together then actually do the installation myself. I would never trust myself with the install haha. Im just seeing if it is possible to build up a kit a little bit cheaper then those compaines. Obviously i will never jeopardize my engine, worst comes to worst ill just be digging deep into my wallet for the APR or VF kit! :S
Well good luck - Just wanted to point out that even with a quality kit and someone dong the work - you can destroy the engine. I'd just bite the bullet and get one of the pre engineered units
Old 03-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
Well good luck - Just wanted to point out that even with a quality kit and someone dong the work - you can destroy the engine. I'd just bite the bullet and get one of the pre engineered units
Thanks, i was actually just getting a quote on the APR kit haha!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, i was actually just getting a quote on the APR kit haha!
May want to also talk to JHM, they're working on a kit as well.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

First mistake right there! Ditch the M90. The M112 is better suited, but the TVS blowers are the best for our motors. The PES, and VF are both M90's were the APR is a TVS blower. Go for the APR if your gonna do a kit. They just ran a high 11' at 12X mph! Stock everything except the blower kit.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Get the APR kit

I have it in my car and it's like buying a new car for the fraction of the cost. FYI, that was my car doing this sub-12 second runs on the 1/4 mile.

With their reduced price now is a good time to buy - if you try doing it piecemeal you may end up being penny-wise and pound-foolish.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah ive made my decision on the APR already, just organizing the funds for it. Thanks for the advice!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Supplemental Modifications

Originally Posted by rabbiTT
I have it in my car and it's like buying a new car for the fraction of the cost. FYI, that was my car doing this sub-12 second runs on the 1/4 mile.

With their reduced price now is a good time to buy - if you try doing it piecemeal you may end up being penny-wise and pound-foolish.
Hi, I am looking for some advice regarding the APR charger. I have suspension, engine mounts, and plan on adding a supersprint exhaust. What additional modifications (if any) would you recommend before S-charging? Thanks much,

Quick Reply: Audi B7 RS4 Supercharger