RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Audi Sports Suspension + vs. Ohlins Stasis

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Sports Suspension + vs. Ohlins Stasis

Has anyone had the chance to compare the Audi "Euro Sports Suspension +" Option against the Ohlins Stasis setup on the track and street?

Fluffhead, are you there? You might be the only person on this forum who might be able to answer this.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Of those two choices, I'd prefer the Stasis.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Answers...

I had the STaSIS set up on my B6 S4 and now the SSP...

If you are going to track the car the STaSIS is the way to go if cost doesn't get in your way. They are adjustable which means they can be as comfortable as stock or a stiff as you want. But, you have to adjust it which was something I didn't want to have to deal with on the RS4 no matter how easy it is. The only issue I had with the STaSIS was the bounciness, but that might have been b/c of the spring rates I went with (800/1200).

The SSP is perfect for me, I don't track and I really liked how the stock RS4 drove. I was just looking to go lower and stiffer. The combination of the H-sports and SSP has transformed the car to a better feeling and handling car. However, it hasn't lost any of it's every day driving feel. The only difference is when I am on a very bad road with a lot of imperfections and then it is only slightly rougher.

I haven't driven either on the track, but I would say STaSIS would be the better choice for that. But, for every day SSP has my vote.

The other great thing about the SSP is that most Audi techs/dealerships will have no idea you have an aftermarket suspension installed if you worry about things like that. An Audi tech installed mine and he said he can tell the difference now b/c he has seen both off the car, but unless you know what to look for you can't.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Answers...

thanks, fluffhead.

i agree with you. the most appealing part of the ssp is that it is like "stock" so i don't have to worry about dealers potentially stressing me.

how is the body roll in the turns with the ssp installed? is it dramatically less than the stock setup?

did the ssp install require more drc fluid to be installed?

have you had problems with the h-sports coming loose like colonelq mentioned

many thanks in advance
Old 08-20-2007, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default More answers...

I wouldn't say it is dramatically different then stock on most roads, but you can feel the difference. You really feel the difference when you get on it though. I've only driven with the SSP and H-Sport set up so I can't give feedback on the SSP alone.

You will need to drain the entire DRC system and then recharge it for the install.

I've had no issues with the H-Sports, the installed used lock-tite.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:05 AM

Default makes total sense

I was given a no on the sport suspension by the dealer and didn't pursue it futher. Stasis ride is quite comfortable and there is definitely less roll. I doubt many people have truly compared these choices though. Am I correct that the SS is 10mm lower than regular?
Old 08-20-2007, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The SSP is 10mm lower then a stock European car. I think that means it's 15mm-20mm lower then a US
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: More answers...

thanks man ... would you say there is less body roll than stock?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:15 AM

Default one would hope so

although the weight is a main culprit in body roll. you can tighten up the suspension but you're not going to be able to eliminate the lean in cornering. IMO.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, less body roll.

Quick Reply: Audi Sports Suspension + vs. Ohlins Stasis